1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switched Insurance

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by DJ'sviper, Feb 16, 2020.

1. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Enthusiast

I put my 93' viper on Hagerty Insurance. I heard that they are more likely to give you the stated value of your car. I also have two classic cars a 68' Charger and a 73" Cuda. I put all of them on Hagerty.
    Do you have an Insurance Company that is better. Insurance companies will go do a price comparison and give you the lowest value they can find. I didn't have to prove there condition but I bet if something happened they would want proof. Do you think it is worth paying a professional classic car evaluator to give you a quote so you have a reference from a professional? Holds more weight in court.

2. WHY U TRY

WHY U TRY Enthusiast

I use Grundy for my sports cars. Same deal as Hagerty with stating value and paying premium accordingly. I think that a good video of a walk around and the car running etc would be fine to show condition in court.

3. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Enthusiast

Good idea.

4. 2002-GTS-FINAL-ED

2002-GTS-FINAL-ED Enthusiast

I use NCM Insurance (877) 678-7626 (National Corvette Museum). They cover more than just Corvettes. I have an agreed value policy on my 2002 GTS Final Edition & on my 1965 Corvette. They will let you set the value. My policy is based on driving 3000 miles or less per year. They also have rates for 1000 miles or less. I'm not sure of what else they offer. But I found them to have the best price I can find

5. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Enthusiast

Thanks I will check it out. Hagerty was fairly inexpensive for all three of my cars. What I liked is that the price included a whole year of insurance. I usually put storage insurance and had to play the game of a 6 month policy. Sometimes I liked to take the cars out in the early Spring or late Fall. You never know how good your insurance is until you have to make a claim.

6. 2002-GTS-FINAL-ED

NCM insurance is for a full year. You can pay all at once or monthly

7. Gootz

Gootz Enthusiast

Thanks for the reco! I just called and got a quote from them which was $300 less per year than my DD auto and home policies insurance provider.

Have you or has anyone else ever had to file a claim with NCM? If so, just curious how it went.

8. kssssnake

kssssnake Enthusiast

And my guys at Erie know I'm not gonna be stupid and break this beast. You guys are over thinking this. Right now she's in the sleep mode. Fire and theft until I tell them differently. I do have friends with multi million dollar collections. In that case you insure each vehicle accordingly. He has some that aren't insured if the leave the storage building. Some can come outside, but can't be driven. It is what it is.

9. OXIA

OXIA Enthusiast

State Farm gave me agreed valuation classic car insurance in January when my 2010 ACR became eligible and were substantially less expensive than the boys from HAGERTY

10. 2002-GTS-FINAL-ED

I also have 1 car (2003 Ferrari 575M) insured at agreed value thru State Farm for what I think is a very fair price. To get this price I have my home & other autos insured thru State Farm. So the 2002 Viper GTS & 1965 Corvette thru NCM & the Ferrari thru State Farm

11. Serb Venom

Serb Venom Enthusiast

My first point is this - why do you need proof for "the courts" ? You must be racing the crap out of the cars on city street so when when you crash the car, and when insurance says no to the payout due to reckless driving you will sue the insurance company on courts....... but I am all ears to your explanation.

12. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Enthusiast

OXIA; 2002-GTS-FINAL-ED I took my insurance out of State Farm. I had a classic car 73 Cuda vandalized and the agent came over and gave me a low ball estimate with a $500.00 deduction. It was dark in the garage and I couldn't see everything. I called him back and when he looked at the first estimate the passenger fender was damaged and he didn't say anything. I noticed it after he left and he put it in as another claim so it would be two claims on my insurance and he could take another $500 off with the deductible. I had trouble with the agent on another car. Deer hit the car and a rod went through the engine. It was factory defect and some of the same vehicles were recalled or fixed. Car was totaled and I wa only given a check for the cost of the repairs for the external damage. You don't know how good your insurance is until you have to make a claim. Better read all the small print and look up their history of paying claims.

13. Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers Enthusiast

I like Hagerty for Collector Car insurance. They allow: 1) locked garage, 2) garage w/o a door, car port, and parked in the driveway! All Hail Hagerty!

J.C. Taylor can Burn in Hell. Your daily driver can be no more than 20 years old (mine is a 74 Datsun 620 pickup!)

14. OXIA

OXIA Enthusiast

State Farm stand to lose much more than my Viper policy if they start playing games and my agent knows this
    Like 2002-GTS-FINAL-ED I too have leverage !
    Hagerty tried to pull a fast one on me with some "supercar" scalping and then took three months to issue the refund on my policy

15. sinestr

sinestr Enthusiast

I use Barrett Jackson. Great coverage with agreed value. Been with them for over 6 yrs. and had 2 claims with no hassle. I have my '97 GTS Blue/White, 2001 Mulholland Edition Prowler and a 1937 OZE Ford hard top convertible. All 3 combined agreed amount of 150K. I pay $ 1132 a yr. The service can't be beat, plus no milage restrictions.

16. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Enthusiast

I had three other cars and my house with State Farm. the other 2 cars are classics. They don't have my business anymore. The agent was nice and I actually felt a little bad for her. The claims adjuster is a jerk and he only cared if he looked good to the company. But if she didn't step in then they were of the same mind. Barrett Jackson sounds pretty good.

17. viperman4125

viperman4125 Enthusiast

Grundy Insurance here. 300.00 less than Hagerty. No limits on how many miles you drive. I had Barrett-Jackson before on my old car 94 Viper . But for my 06 way to high.

Grundy was the best price for Insurance, for not driving it every day. & Stated value.