T&D Roller Rocker installation tips ???

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about installing the T&D Roller Rockers. Does anyone have any
experience with this style of rockers. Any hints on what to do and what
not to do before I dive into this modification ???

Thanx

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dixter,
You may want to talk with Tony I think he has put at least two sets in maybe more. I think that Ted may have even helped.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to do those things too! I've been scared off by the fact that you "may" need pushrods, and you "may" need spacers. I think I'll just let Kieth Laxson put them on. Better safe then sorry. lol All this coming from a guy that put a new motor in his Viper. Valvetrain is sorta precise, and I don't want to **** it!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a set last week. It is a ..... get as close as you can and hope it's close enough. They won't be perfect unless you mill the rocker stands. There are a lot running right now without milling so maybe "not perfect" is just fine. When you get ready, I have a few pics of the valve tip pattern I can send you.

OP
OP
D

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, Send away please. I've done loose rockers on other cars and its pretty
easy. Never put on a set like the T & D 's and the directions are a bit scarey
as I had not planed on putting these on like a blue printer would do it.

I'm pretty sure all I have to do is remove the old ones, mount the stand and
mount the rockers and adjust them.

Like I'm asking, anybody got any pointers with these, I think I may be making
this harder than it needs to be but I don't want to hose it up either.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to measure things over and over and over before
I committ to it.

OP
OP
D

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot, These came with new rods and spacers. Its just that the directions
are leading to the possibility of milling the boss's for perfect height.

I'll probably get with Keith and see what he says too.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way in hell am I pulling my heads off and milling them to gain 15hp! lol I don't know if they are worth the trouble!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony:

Where do you see the problems - unless I'm missing something the correct shim should center the roller and the correct length rod gives you the adjustment range needed. The smallest shim almost centered mine. I believe you want to be a little above axis since the rollers ride down over center as it compresses the spring.

If anyone wants to see the alignment marks and adjusters look at "My Gallery", there are a couple of close-up pic's of the install on my car.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way in hell am I pulling my heads off and milling them to gain 15hp! lol I don't know if they are worth the trouble!

Not to worry you wont have to do that,what Tony was referring to was the rocker stands.The kit comes with a set of instructions from T&D and mopar.Both are misleading.Mopar wants you to remove the heads :rolleyes: .T&D wants you to mill the stands.They also give you a tool that is only usefull w/ the springs removed.We have installed MANY sets with no problem doing none of the above,just using correct size pushrods and if needed the proper shims.If you take your time paying CLOSE attention to your valve geometry they will be easy.We have walked many Viper techs through there first T&D install now they are hungry for more.I do however recomend if you are not familiar w/ setting valve lash or the proper geometry to have them installed professionally