Tail of the Dragon '09

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey TCurtner,
get up with Matt(GTSNRT10). He is very local to you. Maybe you guys can map out a good course :2tu:

Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about the Z's (or any other club that's there). But I know we'll turn more heads than any other club-that's for sure!!:2tu:
Traffic is not a concern. (sometimes that can be a good thing). I agree on other scenic routes back to PF. I think GTSNRT10 is already working on that.

"T", glad to see you're on the forum!

Itinerary coming soon......

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about the Z's (or any other club that's there). But I know we'll turn more heads than any other club-that's for sure!!:2tu:
Traffic is not a concern. (sometimes that can be a good thing). I agree on other scenic routes back to PF. I think GTSNRT10 is already working on that.

"T", glad to see you're on the forum!

Itinerary coming soon......

Understood. Again, being a new member, I'm not yet sensitive to the general needs/wants of VCA members. I may be a little to the left (right?) of the third deviation from normal on the Viper ownership bell curve anyway...:dunno:
I still wanna meet everyone at this Dragon getaway - will show up, participate and BEHAVE - promise.:2tu:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understood. Again, being a new member, I'm not yet sensitive to the general needs/wants of VCA members. I may be a little to the left (right?) of the third deviation from normal on the Viper ownership bell curve anyway...:dunno:
I still wanna meet everyone at this Dragon getaway - will show up, participate and BEHAVE - promise.:2tu:

Sounds like you'll fit right in! :D
Also, there'll be NO BEHAVING allowed :lmao:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must've just missed that law-breaking, disrespectful, perp. At least you got a shot of his disobedience. Maybe we can run a check on those tire tracks to catch this criminal :D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Misbehavior............:D I dont even know how to spell it right:lmao:

Those tracks look a little bit small for a Viper. Must have been the car getting out of the way and pulling off to the side.:dunno:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do we have an Itenerary yet? :poke: :D

No. :D Should have it ready this week :dunno:

I do know this: We'll be meeting at ******* Barrel, K'ville I-40 exit 369(?) Friday morn. at 10:30 for lunch/breakfast, leaving at noon to drive down the Dragon to meet GA club, 3:30ish back up the Dragon to host Hotel in PF, dinner 7:00ish,
Sat. Mtn cruise to Clingmans Dome, Sat eve: dinner in Gatlinburg, Stars Cars Museum afterward, yada yada yada:rolaugh:
Well, maybe I do have an itinerary afterall???? :lmao:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. :D Should have it ready this week :dunno:

I do know this: We'll be meeting at ******* Barrel, K'ville I-40 exit 369(?) Friday morn. at 10:30 for lunch/breakfast, leaving at noon to drive down the Dragon to meet GA club, 3:30ish back up the Dragon to host Hotel in PF, dinner 7:00ish,
Sat. Mtn cruise to Clingmans Dome, Sat eve: dinner in Gatlinburg, Stars Cars Museum afterward, yada yada yada:rolaugh:
Well, maybe I do have an itinerary afterall???? :lmao:

Uhhh yea I think you got it! :2tu: Thats all the info that I needed!!

Have you heard of anyone from up north coming down? Say in the Ohio Indiana or even perhaps the Kentucky area? Just looking for a viper or two to meet up with for the drive down?

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need to call my people's and setup lunch on Sunday? :D

[media]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/v10speedluvr/P6080139.jpg[/media]

Yes. If you think you can be in charge of that. You have been to a ******* before, right? I don't want you to be suprised :D
Uhhh yea I think you got it! :2tu: Thats all the info that I needed!!

Have you heard of anyone from up north coming down? Say in the Ohio Indiana or even perhaps the Kentucky area? Just looking for a viper or two to meet up with for the drive down?

Exact times/info will follow later. Not heard yet on Northern participants yet. If you come down 65 you can hook up with us, but I think you're coming down 75?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I will be coming straight down 75south. I plan to break my current record of cincinncti to Gatlingurb in less then 3.5 hours. I trailered the Viper last year and dropped it off with Matt. This year I am driving it down so beating my current record that I put down in a Nissan Maxima many years ago shouldn't be too hard. Construction may be an issue but well see?

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Misbehavior............:D I dont even know how to spell it right:lmao:

Those tracks look a little bit small for a Viper. Must have been the car getting out of the way and pulling off to the side.:dunno:

Good Eye there Shandon - I think that I'm in a club with some depth, FINALLY! Those twins were laid down about a year ago in my '91 ZR1 (many mods, 470+HP). However, I have learned to BEHAVE even better since then, now that I have a monster snake to teach me manners!!:drive:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll fit right in! :D
Also, there'll be NO BEHAVING allowed :lmao:

Wasn't there some idiot who fled the scene from an illegal act at a gas station last year? Seems like it was a member here. Bubba Jr and his dad called Johnny Law.

I guess it fits in with the "NO BEHAVING" theme..... :D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't there some idiot who fled the scene from an illegal act at a gas station last year? Seems like it was a member here. Bubba Jr and his dad called Johnny Law.

Do tell I must have missed the info on this one????:eater:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. If you think you can be in charge of that. You have been to a ******* before, right? I don't want you to be suprised :D

Here's how my past few days have been:

Thursday night: ******* bikini contest
Friday night: ******* bikini contest
Saturday morning: ******* carshow
Saturday evening: run in ******* to buy giftcard for someone
Today: Meet GA-VCA guy at ******* for lunch and to return 08' ACR keys ( :( )

Obviously I'm not going as often as I'd like, so having lunch there that Sunday will hopefully get me back in the groove :lmao:

I think that was the Tony Armour BBQ. I kinda remember who the cop was that found your...I mean the suspect's Viper at the hotel :rolaugh: All I remember from the Dragon trip last year was a 3am walk to Hardees for burgers while I missed out on Senate confirmation hearings on C-Span because I had to babysit a few badapples in the group :nono: and there was some blonde chick at the hotel who I dated for a total of 20 mins (and 1 Viper ride) until I saw her in the lobby later that night w/her boyfriend :omg: That was one of the longer and more meaningful relationships I've been in :lmao:

Last edited:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha yes yes I do remember the blonde girl. I thought you had it in the bag... Maybe better luck this time...

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that was the Tony Armour BBQ.

It was. The point is that I don't think we ever behave at any event. Well, the Christmas party went pretty well, besides me trying not to laugh at our waiter because I could not understand the guy. I thought he was trying to be funny. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll are lying. Every event I've been to in the last 5 yrs has been nothing but uneventful and boring. Ya'll are making that stuff up (except for the part about the Senate hearings):D: :headbang: :headbang: :naughty::boozer::boozer::boozer:

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll are lying. Every event I've been to in the last 5 yrs has been nothing but uneventful and boring. Ya'll are making that stuff up (except for the part about the Senate hearings):D: :headbang: :headbang: :naughty::boozer::boozer::boozer:

You'll be proud of this Newbie. I BEHAVED QUITE WELL yesterday afternoon/evening, as I reversed the trend on the Dragon - you know, the one where the crotch rockets pass the cars? Well, there was a reversal of roles yesterday, when I was suggesting to them via a very hungry snake on their rear tires, to move over.:drive: Which they did with obvious confusion and dismay.:mad::(:crazy2: When several then tried to catch me, I simply slid/drifted more, and used max accel out of turns to make their attempts moot. They gave up somewhere - probably the Calderwood overlook, as by Tabcat, I noticed that no one was following. BEHAVING has never been so rewarding!:cool::2tu::headbang:
You sure that you want to associate with such a boring BEHAVER?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone getting in on Thursday Evening before the Event? I'm going to come down then I believe instead of getting up at the "butt crack of dawn" to drive down friday? Just thinking maybe there might be a Viper brother or sister wanting to hammer a few brewskies to get things started????

Any takers:beer:

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone getting in on Thursday Evening before the Event? I'm going to come down then I believe instead of getting up at the "butt crack of dawn" to drive down friday? Just thinking maybe there might be a Viper brother or sister wanting to hammer a few brewskies to get things started????

Any takers:beer:

Well, I'd do the brewskie (or two) if you'd do the Dragon with me earlier - 5:30p to 6:00p is a GREAT time to start down there - back by 8:30ish...yours (and/or others) call?...;)

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if I have my viper by then I would be up for coming a day early. Hell I'm only 1 1/2hrs away!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'd do the brewskie (or two) if you'd do the Dragon with me earlier - 5:30p to 6:00p is a GREAT time to start down there - back by 8:30ish...yours (and/or others) call?...;)

Im not sure I could get into town by that time. I get out of work Thursday around 2:30 and pick my son from school then drop him off and head on down. Im thinking ill get into town probably about 7:00-7:30. I would love to do the dragon twice!! Especially if it wasn't crouded but im afraid I couldn't be down early enough?
Could meet for some beers though?:dunno:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope its not in the shop, I needed some cash to start up my new business so I sold my last RT/10. Now I'm in the market and WILL buy another one before the meet. So I'm looking at one right now in TX that I might pick up next week if I can get the price right.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice well I hope that goes through for you!! Were you at the meet last year? If you can make it (thursday) that would be great!