Tail of the Dragon - Gatlinburg Gathering of Vipers

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going to have to back out. My daughter has Soccer tryouts that weekend and there are no makeup dates. ***** I have never done this.

Awe....darn Shawn...are you sure? :)

1) Slammed - ?
2) Brian GTS - Traveling Friday.
3) NO HEMI - Traveling Friday.
4) CBR-ACR - Traveling Thrusday.
5) Gutterworks - Traveling Friday.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to make this, but I need to get new tires and my AC recharged.

Call up the tire shop...can have you a set in a couple days...could probably get the A/C charged too! You have a week. You won't regret it.....so I hear....mini VOI. :)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperPartsOfAmerica.com has tires. In stock. I ordered mine and they showed up at my door 48 hours later.

A/C recharge kit can be had at any auto parts store. Only takes a few minutes (and saves ya tons of money).

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOOKING forward to IT!!!!!!!, GO PRO ready!!!!

And (NEXT PHASE) if you need a room, i booked a 2 bed room , but my brother backed off this week so i have an extra bed.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevan, believe me I didn’t forget about the GoPro bracket prototypes and I also didn’t forget about the shoe string, my personal favorite…….

I look forward to seeing you my friend. I recently moved to Charlotte (job transfer) and we have a great group of people in the Carolina’s VCA in which some are planning to attend this TOD weekend for the first time.
We will definitely hook up with you Thursday afternoon and run over to Knox Friday morning together, if I recall its just about an hour from the hotel. I know Ronny from Louisiana will be joining us as well. I hope LOUD from Chicago is in too?

See you soon!

You must be registered for see images attach

Haha, just reading this. Yes, Chuck, LOUD from Chicago will be there :)

In DC now and will be driving down the Parkway on Wednesday [same as last year] with two others [1 Viper]. Just not sure where I will be staying yet. Last minute reservations as usual.

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotel still has rooms - got an email from a latecomer yesterday. Remember, wherever you stay, we are going to the Crystelle Creek Grill Friday afternoon - 1654 East Parkway (hwy 321) - for Happy Hour starting around 5 pm with dinner about 6:30.

Haha, just reading this. Yes, Chuck, LOUD from Chicago will be there :)

In DC now and will be driving down the Parkway on Wednesday [same as last year] with two others [1 Viper]. Just not sure where I will be staying yet. Last minute reservations as usual.

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gatlinburg Gathering and Tail of the Dragon May 31-June 2 Schedule

Drive to Gatlinburg on Friday May 31

I-40 Knoxville – Chip Winter will leave the ******* Barrel on I-40 at 10:30 am EST headed toward Tellico Plains, the Skyway and the Dragon. Contact phone for Chip 615-587-0276

Cleveland Highway 64 Bypass near Hwy 411 at McDonalds Todd Sickler will meet folks and leave at 11:30 am EST headed toward Ocoee, Tellico Plains, the Skyway, and the Dragon. Contact number for Todd 423-447-8947
Greystone Lodge (Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 Phone (800 - 451-9202 )

Friday Afternoon Starting around 5:00 pm will have the Meet and Greet at the Crystelle Creek (1654 E Pkwy Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (865) 430-1551 Dinner around 6:30

Saturday – Cruises starting around 10 am–Dandrige lake area cruise with boat ride lunch, Cades Cove Cruise, Fast Group Cruise, or on your own

Viper Parade at 6:15 pm promptly Lined up and ready by 6:15 pm Dinner at Cherokee Grill afterwards around 6:40 pm Parking is free behind the restaurant in the parking area.

Sunday – Time for visiting or travel home

Please contact us if there are questions.

Last edited:

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the road, should arrive in Gatlinburg this afternoon to meet up with any others in the morning to caravan over to ******* Barrel in Knoxville. Plan to lave Gatlinburg around 7:30 or so in the am. If any of the Carolina group traveling over in the morning, here is my number if you need to contact me (941-914-1423). Chip see you all in the morning, looking forward to a great weekend, weather will be perfect and friendship amazing.......

Chuck

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually, the CB is exit373 campbell station rd on I-40, not I-75
try to be there by 9am to allow for mingling, socializing, BS-ing, etc. lining up at 10:15 to pull out at 10:30
-chip

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im taking the car to alignment tomorrow morning and then heading up to ashevile where i'll meet with chris and the rest of the carolina's crew, then head up to the mountains!!, I'M soo looking forward to this !!!!!!

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2 Snakes have arrived at the Greystone, it is picture perfect , oh, and so is the weather. Parking lot was just sealed and they are striping it now, should be good to go tomorrow. They have all of us in the 5 story building, floors 1 and 2 along the river. All travel safely!

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
actually, the CB is exit373 campbell station rd on I-40, not I-75
try to be there by 9am to allow for mingling, socializing, BS-ing, etc. lining up at 10:15 to pull out at 10:30
-chip

Got it Chip, from Gatlinburg, we are less than an hour away, once we get through the morning business traffic and up on to 40, we will be there in no time. Should be a group of us traveling from Gatlinburg. See you in the morning.

Chuck

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im taking the car to alignment tomorrow morning and then heading up to ashevile where i'll meet with chris and the rest of the carolina's crew, then head up to the mountains!!, I'M soo looking forward to this !!!!!!

Angel, if you guys are traveling later, you may want to divert and travel straight to Robinsvillle and meet the group at the Dragon.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! We had a great time! I hope more of you can join us next year because this was very similar to a VOI!!! There were over 50 Vipers in attendance! We drive over 250 miles in the moutains on Saturday. The drive was AMAZING and FUN!!! I have posted my pictures in the AL/TN forum....check them out:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...-and-Other-AL-TN-Events?p=3185278#post3185278

A couple more specific to our Carolina's group:

Our Friday caravan....Jeremy, Angel, and myself. Chuck came a day earlier which we will do for sure next year:

Our Carolinas group at dinner Saturday night. We were missing our newest member Ron as they had to leave. It was great meeting you and yours Ron!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are great! Thanks for attending. We are going to work on taking this event to "next level" next year. Not sure how, but we gonna try :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave