Take a look at this eBay auction!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
16 people bidded on that auction...
I think it's some sort of scam. Sometimes only friends are bidding at each others auctions to get some feedback.

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is actually a "U.S." auction and the link above must be a translated version. I don't think it is a scam because the seller sells sportscards and diecast - two of my favorite things as well :2tu: The 94 and 33 Autoarts are the hardest to find, and it looks like one person really wants this one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-1-18-AutoArt-Dodge-Viper-GTS-R-94_W0QQitemZ7042062799QQihZ014QQcategoryZ45349QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

After seeing this, I'm tempted to put my extra 94 up for bid.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the guy that LOST that auction, I could not believe this guy would keep on going. I was going to be away from the computer for a bit so I threw down a bid of $200 when it was just at $30 or so and figuring it might go to $100. I almost fell off my chair the next day when I pulled it up and $202 was in red saying I had been out bid, do I want to bid again? Ummm, no. It must be the last one this guy needs to complete his collection. There are two others painted this scheme. I may regret it as I only need a few more too. Anybody know how many there were in this complete collection? I'm missing about 3 I think.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The no 94 car was not rare, it's just not sold anymore for a long long time.....

That's why the prices rise when someone sells one on the internet.

But why did you bid 200 dollar? If you wanted to buy it at 100?

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever the buyer was clearly wanted it, but must have been a little apprehensive. He kept uping his bid by $5, $10, $15 within a few seconds of each other. Then, once he got the high bid, it appears he put in another, higher bid, to ensure he would win.

Lee, at least you can take some comfort in knowing the eventual auction winner was a little stressed in the process. :D Fascinating

OP
OP
W

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the guy that LOST that auction, I could not believe this guy would keep on going. I was going to be away from the computer for a bit so I threw down a bid of $200 when it was just at $30 or so and figuring it might go to $100. I almost fell off my chair the next day when I pulled it up and $202 was in red saying I had been out bid, do I want to bid again? Ummm, no. It must be the last one this guy needs to complete his collection. There are two others painted this scheme. I may regret it as I only need a few more too. Anybody know how many there were in this complete collection? I'm missing about 3 I think.

If you want to see the entire collection, go to www.autoartmodels.com.
BTW, looks like the last auction inspired someone...

Viper GTS-R#94

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a program which can help you make a bidding on Ebay.
This program is capable of snapping an auction in the last few seconds....
So I think it could do the same earlier on in the auction.

I never used it, because I´d have to give my login and pass to the program..... which sounds bad to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper