Targa top options for a GTS...

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got the OK to buy a Viper from the wife
bounce.gif
so I am starting to look. I have always been partial to the hardtop GTS (classic blue one with the white stripes) but a little compromising with the wife was done so the Viper has *******. So my question is, are their any GTS's that have a removable top, like a targa top or is my best bet going to be finding RT/10 with a removable hardtop? If the GTS does have a removable top option, what years would they have been offered. I am hoping to find a used Viper (another compromise
biggrin.gif
) with a warranty left on it. If I go the RT/10 route, how hard is it to put the hardtop and/or the ragtop on?

Any thoughts and options on the type of ******* Vipers there are would be great...

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the GTS ever had a targa option.. unless it was a custom job.

The RT 10 is the only one I know of which does have a removeable top..

BTW email me if you want a 2K GTS ...

Reaction score
Dodge never built a GTS with a soft top.

If you would like to have an R/T10 that rivals the likeness of the GTS, purchase a '97 ('97 is the rarest R/T) roadster or up. They share most in common with the GTS.

Regards,
Doug

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the GTS down at the Viper Plant has a Sunroof. but thats one of a kind and not for sale. it was used in the indy 500 as a pace car, ASC made the sunroof (no power) so the camera guy can hang out of the top.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SteveMat, if you're ever up in Raleigh-Durham, let me know and I'll take you for a ride in my rt/10. I bought it used about a month ago, so if you have any questions on that aspect, let me know.