Tator's BBQ May 20th 2007

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are we still meeting at the ardsley rest stop on the thruway sunday AM. let me know i like to throw out a mass email.

send me the details

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are doing the Sunday drive:

7:30 AM - Ardsley Rest Area NYS Thruway (immediately after toll)
9:20 AM - New Baltimore Rest Area (milepost 127)

It's a 170 mile stroll straight up the Thruway to the Northway.

Take I-87 to EXIT 13N
Follow Route 9 north to the Saratoga Spa State Park
Turn LEFT onto the AVENUE OF THE PINES.
Follow the avenue throught he park approximately one mile.
The Museum is in on your left in the building marked "Bottling Plant".

auto_museum.jpg

Looks like we'll also pick up a few folks as we exit the Thruway (Exit 25) and get on to the Northway.

maybe we should do the rest stop by exit 15 ( garden state pkwy and palisadees pwky) onnthe thruway for NJ vipers at around 8am?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Hey!!!!!

What about the Saturday drivers???? ANYONE????????????

Saturday...Leaving Danbury CT around 2:30....supposed to take 2 hrs, 15 min. Plan to get to the hotel by 5:30.......Lauri, aren't you leaving very early? Anyone else?

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are leaving from Montreal at 7AM. We should be in Plattsburgh (hwy 87 exit 38) around 8AM-8:30AM. We will not stop there but we can slow down to pick up some Vipers.

If you are interested joining our convoy from Canada send me a mail !

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys- New Time Line for Sunday Morning's Trip out to Saratoga Springs, NY

Chelmsford Rest Stop RTE 495 South...... 6AM to depart at 6:15
Charleton Service Plaza MA Pike West..... 7am to depart at 7:15
Blanford Service Plaza MA Pike West....... 8:15 to depart at 8:30
Saratoga Springs Auto Museum Arriving promptly @ 10am

* The Blanford Service Plaza is West of Both Rte 84 and Rte 91 on the MA Pike. So any CT Viper Owners can join our Group there. If you are planning on meeting me at the Blanford Rest Stop please contact me directly by e-mail to [email protected] or reply here.

Thanks!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff---It appears your group and our group from Albany will make it to the Museum at about the same time, it'd be really cool if we all happened to 'pass' each other on the Northway!!! Very much looking forward to meeting all of you! ~juli~

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli- I'm am also... very much looking forward to meeting you! Looks like the roads through Albany will be full of Vipers this weekend.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rain: Yes , Jeff---Let's just HOPE HOPE HOPE the weather holds out...so far, now the :( prediction is for 25% chance of rain--NOOOOOOOOO!!!! And, temps of only 64 or so. Can deal with the cooler temps, but noooooo to rain!!! ah well...what can one do?? Hope we all see each other on the way up, as well as at the bbq, that'd make my day!!!! :drive: See ya soon! ~juli~

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we all going to be heading up Rte 87 at some point Sunday AM? If so, It might be nice to find someplace where we can all gather prior to the last few miles up the Northway.

I'm just familiar with the area enough to suggest a meeting spot. Anyone....?

BTW...it's time to mention that the predicted weather looks EXCELLENT! :1up:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Scott--not to contradict, :dunno: but weather channel now is saying 25% chance of rain and 64....I will go with YOUR prediction, as we know the weatherpeople are not accurate, I'll count on YOUR :cool: accuracy!!! Well---I believe you mentioned in an earlier post that your group would be a bit later than 10am arrival? We plan on arriving about that time, seems the NE division is also arriving about 10am....what do you think? Do you think your group will be on the Northway between 9:30am-10am? If SO, we can think of an exit we can get off to meet up at, that'd be AWEsome!! THANX! ~juli~

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops. I actually didn't even check the weather up there. Just downstate.

If you all can give me a time and an exit, I'll try to adjust my group's timing to meet.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the easiest way to get to Ardsley from the Long island

Russ
Easiest way is the Throgs Neck Bridge to Cross Bronx West to Rte 87 (Thruway) North. It guess the Ardsley Rest Area is about 7-10 miles from the entrance to the Thruway from the Cross Bronx (immediately after the first toll) Early Sunday morning, the Cross Bronx shouldn't be too bad.

Alternative would be the Throgs Neck Bridge to the Hutch north to The Cross County west to the Thruway north. Puts you on the thruway closer to the rest area.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops. I actually didn't even check the weather up there. Just downstate. If you all can give me a time and an exit, I'll try to adjust my group's timing to meet.

Hi Scott---I've called Bo to see what he suggests, he's at lunch, so will call him a bit later.
I'm trying to think of an exit that has a place close by for all the Vipers to meet up, some sort of parking lot? Will let you know ASAP~that'd be absolutely amazing if we can all pull this off and meet on the Northway--what a lot of 'whiplash' looks we will all get!!!! :cool: :cool:
~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Scott---I've called Bo to see what he suggests, he's at lunch, so will call him a bit later. I'm trying to think of an exit that has a place close by for all the Vipers to meet up, some sort of parking lot? Will let you know ASAP~that'd be absolutely amazing if we can all pull this off and meet on the Northway--what a lot of 'whiplash' looks we will all get!!!! :cool: :cool: ~juli~

Scott--Talked to Bo, and we've decided we'll check out Exit 24 off the thruway, there may be a truck stop there (but since we don't recall if it's paved or gravel, we want to check it out first, so I'll drive over there and check it, plus if we have to actually go THRU the toll booths to get to it)....so far, Exit 24 off the thruway is the best bet--there just is no easy place off the Northway for that many Vipers to meet in a parking lot...and we'd probably be at Exit 24 around 9:30am? We'll wait for you, but if you can PM me your cell #, I'd PM my cell back to you--so we will know if anyone's gonna be later than they thought? Your thoughts???? Bo & Mike & I are PSYCHED to hope to have this happen, a convoy of Vipers up the Northway~~~~~ TOOOOO COOOOOOOL!! :drive: :cool: :cool:
Will fill you in more on how Exit 24 looks for a meet-up as soon as I can get over there in the next night or day. ~juli~
***Wonder if we should let Jeff Torrey also know? They were to arrive same time we were starting out?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott has contacted me and will update me. I am seeing what looks like a rest stop between exit 9 and 10 on the Northway, that doesn't give us much driving together.

I'm bound and determined to be at the show at 10am, I'm leaving my house at 5:30:drive: . If you guys are running late ...um :dunno:

All of my timed meeting spots are at posted speeds, so I will probably be ahead of schedule (slightly) in Albany. I'm figuring to be in Albany at 9am.

Three members driving out Saturday.

Jerry's 98 Red GTS
Tim's Shelby Cobra GTS
Joe's White n' Blue 96 RT

Right now I have 3 cars for Sunday morning.

My 92
Jack's Red Srt10
Glenn's Bumble Bee GTS

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff--the plan NOW is for us Albany Vipers to meet on Exit 24 (thruway) to wait for you guys, and Scott's group...I DO have to go over and check it out tho, as the truck stop/rest area may NOT be paved, may just be gravel (not conducive to the 'slammed' Vipers)...will post back in a day or so. If we got off the Northway at Exit 7, there are aLOT of traffic lights to get to Guptil's roller skating rink, which we thought about first, but seems to be too much. Meeting on Exit 24 around 9-9:15am ( as we want to be on time also, 10am to Saratoga ) is the plan so far. It'd be GREAT to have a convoy of all of us together going up the Northway. ~juli~
So far for us Albany people, we have 4 confirmed, maybe 2 more added. Believe me, we are determined also NOT to be late, we're usually the early people...but when you depend on others to meet up, it CAN get frustrating!! We will hope for the best, if people don't meet up on time, we're off!!!
VERY much looking forward to meeting you, and seeing Scott again and meeting the people in your groups.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I'm leavingWest Islip, 1:00ish. Charlie bailed!!!!!!!! S.H. Are we the only ones. Sleekride Saturday also. I saw plenty of people SAYING they made res. at hotel???????????????????????????????????

I am a Saturday Reservation...Tator is too, but he will be there much earlier for other things. I am trying to see if there is anyone else i can meet somewhere, i will be leaving Danbury CT (right over the NY Line) at approximately 2:30 p.m. on saturday....there has to be some people moving around the same time for the hotel????maybe not.:drive:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve- Other New England Members, here is what I know so far: Jerry is heading out friday after work, looks like a 10pm arrival in Saratoga Springs friday night.
Tim and Joe will be taking the Northern Route. Leaving from Keene and Conway, NH
But you can check with them directly:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are changing all the time. Joe might come down and look at a car in my area and head out with Rick and I. Rick and I will be meeting at around 3:30 right before the mass pike. A spot is yet to be determined. Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guy's we don't have a set time for sat. am but we are staying overnight sat. and sun. traveling back on monday. If nothing else we see you guys at the hotel on sat. mid-day. :2tu:
thanks steve

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOR JEFF & SCOTT: Sunday morning we Albany Vipers can meet off of Exit 24 of the thruway, there is a paved truck stop to the RIGHT right after you exit off of Exit 24.
We would be there approx. 9am--to leave 9:15/9:20 for Saratoga on the Northway.
If this is feasible, let me know--Bo also knows!!!! Cross fingers for good weather.
~juli~

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be two of us leaving Cheshire Sunday morning and we'd be happy to caravan with you to Tatortoga. I'm 99.99% certain we're going :D. I'll PM you with my cell phone number and we'll arrange to meet up somewhere Sunday a.m. - Tony

Tony,

I sent you a PM with my cell phone number. I guess if I don't hear from you I will probably head up to the MA Pike and catch up with the NE guys.

Scott...I might be joining you guys as you come down the pike.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOR JEFF & SCOTT: Sunday morning we Albany Vipers can meet off of Exit 24 of the thruway, there is a paved truck stop to the RIGHT right after you exit off of Exit 24.
We would be there approx. 9am--to leave 9:15/9:20 for Saratoga on the Northway.
If this is feasible, let me know--Bo also knows!!!! Cross fingers for good weather.
~juli~
I think we can do that. That's 1 exit before the exit for the northway (Exit 25) correct? Is there a gas station there (for cars)?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery