* Thank You Mr. Tator *

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck,

Just wanted to take a second to say thank you. You may remember our speaking a couple months back regarding my clutch issue on my 94. We agreed on the phone that the remedy to keep the clutch fluid from boiling may be overkill, but nevertheless, I did it and now, for the first time in 3 years, my clutch feels the way it was originally meant to.

Thank you again,

Richard
Dallas, Texas

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Just wanted to take a second to say thank you. You may remember our speaking a couple months back regarding my clutch issue on my 94. We agreed on the phone that the remedy to keep the clutch fluid from boiling may be overkill, but nevertheless, I did it and now, for the first time in 3 years, my clutch feels the way it was originally meant to.

Thank you again,

Richard
Dallas, Texas

And what remedy are you talking about????

OP
OP
R

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And what remedy are you talking about????
After heating up to normal operating temp, the clutch pedal would go to the floor. I’d have to pump it to get it to function properly. Local dealerships wanted me to replace the whole system, even though the system was not loosing fluid. Chuck suggested that I do a couple minor (and inexpensive) things: (1) wrap the clutch fluid line with an insulated sleeve, (2) replace the fluid with Motul 600, and (3) pull the hydraulic line away from #9 header and other exhaust (I've got Belanger Headers). It took less than 30 seconds for him to diagnose on the phone. Truly amazing.

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aha,

good to hear that Chuck was able to help you! Don't have problems with my clutch, but always nice to knwo the cure for someone who had the exact same problems.

Then they don't have to bother Chuck while he's working on a viper ;-P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper