The KING of GAWK?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone like the subtle lines of the Jag XJ220?

(deafening silence)

Uh, me neither!

The ENZO has to be the biggest all-time gawk ride on the road today. Like you would see one!

Personally, I think its ugly, but in a very gawkable way.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vectors probably create some gawk...as do Mclaren F1s, Lotus Sevens (or kits) and tons of others...depends on the relative area. If you're in the middle of nowhere, a brand new C5 might cause a stir. Beverly Hills? Hell, Vipers are probably a dime a dozen...

Heh - this thread is kinda like asking "there are 6 hot **** blondes, 6 hot **** brunettes and 6 hot **** redheads all standing around rubbing each other down with baby oil - which causes the most frequent and intense gawking amongst people passing by?" ;)

(of course this is a trick question and the only correct answer is the Viper in the background)

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Diablo most definately has the biggest gawk factor...well almost. The idea of 6 of each of the blondes, brunettes, and redheads takes a very strong first!.. and then the Diablo. :laugh:

Jay K.

150shot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just open the doors on the Lambo at a stop or park and it's game over. A striped Viper is so different looking in your rear view mirror as second for me..

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 5 separate people shout and wave about the Viper with BIG smiles on their faces, just over lunchtime today.
I have never seen anything that comes close.
But then again I've only seen one Diablo (purple)and one Murcielago (yellow) on the road, and never any F50s, Enzos, McLarens, Dauers, Koenigseggs, Vectors, TVRs, or CLK-GTRs ever.

Sometimes (very rarely) you will see a wildly painted classic hot rod on the road, that will catch your eye as well, but it draws a different crowd, just like a Harley does.

-Dean.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely the lambo. I was with Todd at the viper gtg and when the lambo showed up it pulled everyone. On an exotic car cruise the lambos pulled the most onlookers and also got the best parking

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even thought the styling is dated, a nicely kept Lambo Countach is still the 'King of GAWK' with the general population. Now at a car show, everything changes. Depends on the crowd, etc...

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the cars mentioned get gawked at for the same reason people gawk at a two headed calf.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone asked on the bottom of page 1 about what a C7 Corvette was. Everyone knows of Lingenfelter (LPE), but not so many people this side of the 80s and 90s remember Callaway. Reeves Callaway is a guy who has put together some interesting Corvettes over the years. In the 80s his company offered a Twin Turbo Corvette that you could actually special order through GM. I believe that that engine made.......what, 350hp? 450hp? Nothing insane, but remember that this was designed around a basic GM 350 with not-so-great heads. I am unsure whether Callaway modded the engines or to what extent. I only remember that for the cost they seemed ridiculous.
Each new "generation" of Callaway Corvettes have been designated C1 through the current C12. I don't know the cars by heart, but I know the C12 a bit. They stuff in a basic 382 LS1 that makes 440hp, replace the whole interior with soft leather, and put on a whole new body kit and larger rims/tires/brakes. As for price.......I'm fuzzy here, but I HAD thought they ran $125,000 for the kit until I visisted a local exotic dealer who said the one on his floor was listed for $200,000.
I think the C5s (97-04) are nice, but honestly.....a $200,000 Corvette? That will get passed by a Camaro with a 150 shot of juice? :rolleyes:
Most of the Callaway body kits for C4 corvettes were just UGLY. Their C7 was smooth and ok, but the C12 is the first one that looks nice to me (except for the back end).
Their main Corvette shop is right here in Ct and I've been down there a few times. It is a nice shop. I priced out work for an LT1 and later an LS1 through them and both times was ASTONISHED by the prices they demanded for the performance offered. I did the math and I could have had ARE (who were JUST getting attention at the time) build me THREE stroker motors. They would have outclassed anything Callaway offered. The feel I get from them is that they have been focusing more on their German companies and race design. I know I sound down on them, but I'm not. They offer a unique product that looks great. I just have a higher demand for performance per dollar spent.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any Lamborghini, Countach or later would win my vote.

I think there is a multiple car tie for first. The reason I say this is not many of use would turn to look at a Lamborghini but not look at a 360. Almost all the exotics mentioned would get me to crane my neck. So it is hard for me to pick a number 1, as I would GAWK at almost all of them.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlueGTS says <<Any Lamborghini, Countach or later would win my vote.>>

I would add one Lambo from before the Countach- the beautiful Miura. It definitely gets plenty of looks, from car guys as well as the general public. Take a look at some of the photos in El Diablos link above...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I love that Miura-

The designer of the Miura understands line and balance, and true beauty. Plus its got impeccable taste. The timeless designs have real class, and as for the others, well, they just fade away and become foot notes in the halls of automotive history.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to place the viper near the top in terms of "gawk" factor. However, I still think the countach reigns king. The enzo is also up there, probably slightly ahead of the viper, but not by much.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just open the doors on the Lambo at a stop or park and it's game over. A striped Viper is so different looking in your rear view mirror as second for me..

Yea I see the guy down the road do that all the time. He stops at a stop sign and opens the door. Ahhhhhhh yea ok. :)

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a member of the Kansas City Ferrari Club. After a meeting, Chris invites me back to his house. Chris was driving his F40. He also has a F355 and a Dino.

When I pulled up in the Viper, his wife says WOW! She was complimenting on how GREAT the Viper looks and she has wanted one for a long time. Nice words from a stable full of high end horses.

268FerrariV-med.jpg

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard of Callaway but never the fact that they had a C1-C12 series of packages for the C3-C5.
Seems like they could have come up with a less confusing designator. What if you had a C5 package on your C4 and you wanted to move up to a C5 for your new C5? Or if your car was just a driver and you wanted to get a Callaway driver.....I'm guessing that it probably isn't as confusing as that in real life.
When that other guy said C7, I thought it was a typo. Do they sell drivers?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the most beautiful and timeless Lambo is the Miura. No question. But this does not always correlate to 'GAWK FACTOR'. Personally, I don't think the other Lambos are nearly as attractive, but it is the radical styling that make you 'Gawk'. It is very rare that a car has both beauty & GF (Gawk Factor), and that's where I think the Gen I/GenII Viper is very unique. It is beautiful & intimidating at the same time.

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just glad to own a 1997 GTS Blue and White that I can "GAWK" at.

I am also a prior C5 Z06 owner ( just another Vet, with no " GAWK FACTOR " . )

The day I picked up the VIPER from GA all the way to South Florida it never ended. The car was filmed by several people, and many took pictures on the Hwy and even at the gas station. Wow this rocks. By the time I got home I throught wow I have the " KING of GAWK ". That is a day I will remember for the rest of my life.

My top 5 are: All Vipers, F355 Spider, Red 328 GTSi(top off, Murcielago(Green), Buick GNX.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Soley Gawk factor:
Countach
Zonda
McLaren
F40
Viper
Oscar Meyer Weinermobile