The Lightweight hatches are done! Save 60+ LBS for the track!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1/2" Honeycomb reinforced right where the wing bolts on for extra stiffness

Like the title says, saves tons of weight, when combined with my lexan rear window saves over 60+ LBS off the rear,

New lightweight carbon Race doors in the works (save 55 lbs each side)

carbon pin on hoods save 30+ off the front

Lexan windscreen saves ++ as well.

Simple package to take 200:LBS off the SRT, corvette fighting weight for the track, its the equivalent of adding approx 40 HP in power to weight

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Interested in both the CF hood and CF deck lid with lexan window.

Will the deck lid mount to existing hinges and gas struts or ? Do need trunk access to adjust my rear shocks.

Can I get pricing from your website or PM me please.

Thanks,

Dan

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks great, are they ready to ship?

Can I get it with lexan glass installed?

PM price :D

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, still waiting on my wrench and screws for the coilovers, have emailed you multiple times with no reply, please respond to my emails.

Thanks,
Krystian

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Steve is a good asset to thw community, however, him and his shipping girl really need to have a talk because there is a definite communication problem. ***** to see that Steve still cant get his sh*t together when it comes to shipping and communication with his customers.
Steve, still waiting on my wrench and screws for the coilovers, have emailed you multiple times with no reply, please respond to my emails.Thanks,Krystian

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lightweight hatches are $3495 plus shipping and lexan windows are extra, they are all out race pieces all parts in the stock hatch that is metal (almost all of it inside) is Nomex honeycomb in these hatches.

here are a couple of more pics

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, still waiting on my wrench and screws for the coilovers, have emailed you multiple times with no reply, please respond to my emails.

Thanks,
Krystian

Krystian,

I ordered one to be shipped direct to you, you should get it any day.

I probably won't be making the coilover kit anymore as I have been working on some reasonable priced adjustable coilovers instead

$1495 and they look like this

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look very much like BC coilovers I have had on another vehicle of mine.

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just received my hatch, hood and both front and rear lexan windows ...... parts look good Steve. Thanks

MB

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to give a big thanks to Steve, we just ran our fastest track times ever after putting the CF hood, rear deck and lexan on our ACRX. All the parts fit well, and were easy to pin into place. For anyone doing the hood ( on a race car) I would suggest putting an extra set of pins along the fender to hood area. With this hood being so light it does lift with high MPH. We ended up taping the seam between hood and fender for our first race but will do the extra pins before our next race

All in I would say the parts worked well, the 150 +- lbs saved really made a difference in our lap time. Thanks Steve.

Im going to look for some pics ... will post these soon.

MB

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Would love to see some pics of the hood and install along with the suggested location of the extra pins.

Dan

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Any recommendations or pics showing mounting points, etc. for the CF light weight racing hood?

Will likely buy one of these from you soon.

Dan

Last edited:

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not and issue its strong. We run 162 mph up the back straight so the DF has got to be high at that point.

There is no signs of stress or issues in any way.

MB

Martin,

I've had a few people ask about the strength of the rear hatch for supporting the wing as compared to the stock hatch.

What did you think?

Thanks

Steve

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics Steve.

The mounts were just something we made up quick and easy to get us on the track that weekend.

All in I would say we had maybe 6- 8 hours total to remove the stock units and mount the new CF pieces.

MB