The one and only thing I really hate about my car

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the fact that I can't drive my car 1 block without the whole back end of the car being covered with dirt/dust. What? is their a vortex or vacumn back there?

There , I feel better

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to SAPPHIRE, gorgeous when its clean!!! (NEVER)
Must be some vortex blah blah blah mine does the same thing.
I feel your pain.
I have found if you drive fast enough dust and dirt do not stick:2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is the fact that I can't drive my car 1 block without the whole back end of the car being covered with dirt/dust. What? is their a vortex or vacumn back there? There , I feel better

If you are really ANGRY and are NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE.....it is FIXABLE !!!!

1) On a stock GTS there indeed is a negative pressure area at certain low speeds. It is caused largly by the aggressive GTS kam-tail rear lip spoiler, and the up-slope rear fascia. It ***** stuff, including hot exhaust spit, against the rear tail panel. (worst with white stripes) In fact, long ago in 96 I discovered squashed tiny gnat-like winged bugs that get killed on the REAR..as if I were going 30+ mph in reverse! Amazing but true.

2) What you can do: Use anti-static detailers like Zaino and Meguires. Im no wax expert.

3) Install the tip-extender megaphones made by ZAF (or via PartsRack, Thanks)

4) Install a 4-blade rear DIFFUSER as all SRT10 have... On PartsRack website, link below, then put DIFFUSER in the search box. This breaks most suction. ~80% fix.

5) Install the rear-fascia-plate-mounted adjustable rear wing. Ditto, but should have some aero-adder at front and/or sides with a wing. Link below, enter WING.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are really ANGRY and are NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE.....it is FIXABLE !!!!

1) On a stock GTS there indeed is a negative pressure area at certain low speeds. It is caused largly by the aggressive GTS kam-tail rear lip spoiler, and the up-slope rear fascia. It ***** stuff, including hot exhaust spit, against the rear tail panel. (worst with white stripes) In fact, long ago in 96 I discovered squashed tiny gnat-like winged bugs that get killed on the REAR..as if I were going 30+ mph in reverse! Amazing but true.

2) What you can do: Use anti-static detailers like Zaino and Meguires. Im no wax expert.

3) Install the tip-extender megaphones made by ZAF (or via PartsRack, Thanks)

4) Install a 4-blade rear DIFFUSER as all SRT10 have... On PartsRack website, link below, then put DIFFUSER in the search box. This breaks most suction. ~80% fix.

5) Install the rear-fascia-plate-mounted adjustable rear wing. Ditto, but should have some aero-adder at front and/or sides with a wing. Link below, enter WING.

Cool. Do you have a picture of said solution on a Gen2?

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That diffuser is somewhat obnoxious looking on a street car. I can see it on a race car though.

You must be registered for see images

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact, long ago in 96 I discovered squashed tiny gnat-like winged bugs that get killed on the REAR..as if I were going 30+ mph in reverse! Amazing but true.

same with me, bugs on the rear. unbelievable untill you see it. everytime i see one i think to myself: i'll bet that bug didnt see it coming, just barely missed the front only to be smashed on the back. what a way to die...

after every-other drive i lightly dust of the back end of the gts first, then wipe it down with quick detailer to keep stuff from sticking. Gotta keep the stripes clean!!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll go the Zaino route, thank you.

Actually I do use Z6 and/or Z8 and they work great at keeping the car nice and slick.

I actually thought the Viper was not bad at all when compared to my C5 Z06. I do get some dust on the GTS but it is not that bad and can usually be taken care of with a California Duster. The Z06 is so bad it needs to be washed even after the shortest ride.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll go the Zaino route, thank you.

Good choice! That bolt on through the plate area mount wing is like fugly. At least get one that takes some work to install and looks descent!

Sorry. From the Rice King, Dave.

Also, on that dust repelling rear diffuser... After my side exhaust conversion I have the proverbial hole in the rear bumper cover. I am going to during the 2 weeks of winter known as the lower 60's in mid-January design a rear diffuser to cover that hole.

I looked at the Autoform products and didn't like the look. I want 4 replaceable blades, a more petite look, and of course a reversible installation. I'm thinking I'll draw that baby up this winter (2 short weeks in January... :lmao:) and just like the killer Belanger heat shields I made, the plans will be free for the asking. I design, you get the plans!

Stay tuned. I love my car.

No dust, no big girls. :meal:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm always told the back end of my Viper is dirty. Then of course this is coming from corvette owners and the back of my car is all they ever get to see so.......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
same with me, bugs on the rear. unbelievable untill you see it. everytime i see one i think to myself: i'll bet that bug didnt see it coming, just barely missed the front only to be smashed on the back. what a way to die...[/quote]

EXACTLY !!!!!

Remember: My post offered 5 solutions....not just the Race-Proven diffuser

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and just like the killer Belanger heat shields I made, the plans will be free for the asking. I design, you get the plans!

Another example why this site rocks. Thanks to all for the great info here.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like some kind of farm implement:rolaugh:. I'll stick with dusting
My god, that is fugly. I mean dang that must be a REALLY bad angle to look at it. Almost makes me want to puke :omg: The red Viper above does look better but the blue one, eh not so much lol
I have the same problem that everyone else is talking about but my Viper is black so it REALLY shows how dirty it gets. I also have no idea how to keep my tips clean, I have no cats so their always black colored. Yuck:dunno: