The VCA and SRT are very proud to present...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

I just spoke to a leading Dodge dealer and they tell me only 100 ACRs will be built, anyone able to confirm that?

thx

-J
Check out the video at the start of this thread. I think SRT marketing said they will build what is ordered. It would not make much sense to limit the numbers if the goal is to sell cars, and get them on the track. If the goal is to sell 100 cars, and get them into the hands of collectors---that would be different. I don't believe Dodge will have a difficult time selling out the run of 2008 Vipers, so this is not an effort to sell 100 special edition cars. It will also be good for the track guys who don't have an unlimited budget to get more of these ACR cars into circulation.:)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody photoshop the purple! I prefer bright solid racing colors (blue, red, yellow) but that purple has me thinking twice. Also, that black from Austin looks so nasty!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody photoshop the purple! I prefer bright solid racing colors (blue, red, yellow) but that purple has me thinking twice. Also, that black from Austin looks so nasty!
Is the purple light like in the color chart (similar to old Cuda?), or dark violet like in the 08 'build to order' pics?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will build what we order, they may turn into 09's if the demand exceeds capacity for 08. Ignore all dealer comments that they will only build 100. Typical approach to go to "that" "market adjustment" over sticker price.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really diggin the black with either a silver or graphite stripe. Does anyone with an order already in to a dealer know if the prices that were listed a few pages ago seem realistic based on what they're expecting to pay.

Trying to figure out how I can get on of these cars. If I missed it I apologize if its been already posted but can the ACR be upgraded with the 75 horsepower option from the factory or dealer? I forgot what the ground clearance is/was on my '01 GTS stock but is it similar to the 5.125 inches on this ACR?

I'm not sleeping well at night thinking about this car! Is there a list of dealers who one could order this car through?

Last edited:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5.125" ground clearance! Shucks, I didn't realize the ground clearance was so high in the ACR. So lowering it 3" will be essential to tracking it! I wonder how much the stock springs would compress at triple digit speeds with the addtional downforce.

Racers, your input is appreciated.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with the viper wizard himself. he has no allotment left. Its a shame that dodge restricts dealers from ordering vipers with deposits on hand.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5.125" ground clearance! Shucks, I didn't realize the ground clearance was so high in the ACR. So lowering it 3" will be essential to tracking it! I wonder how much the stock springs would compress at triple digit speeds with the addtional downforce.

Racers, your input is appreciated.
I imagine there are three factors, number one being aren't the shocks adjustable for ride height? Two, the front splitter has a track add-on that will lower the front end clearance to keep from getting so much lift. Three, that 'at speed' the downforce will 'push' the car will squat. If you lower the car further with spring change, you will probably need to make a lot of other adjustments.

Last edited:

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP $ 84,095.00
Color $ 600.00
Order Solid Color Credit $ 575.00
Guzzler Tax $ 1,700.00
Customer One Loyalty Mailing ??? $
ACR Package $12,050.00

ACR with Single Stripe $ 100,945
ACR with Dual STripe $ 102,295
ACR Solid Color No Stripe $ 98,720
ACR Solid Color Drivers Stripe $ 100,370
ACR Solid Color Dual Stripe $ 101,720>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now, I'm confused....the srt website "build and price your Viper" section lists the "competion group" (ACR) as $24100 (exactly twice the price reported earlier).....making the cheapest ACR $108K+....
Hopefully, the $24.1 K is a mistake

The aero package alone is listed at $13K (maybe it is supposed to be $6.5K?)

So, is the ACR package $12050 or $24.1K....?:confused:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect it is an error as WAY too many articles are showing it starting under $100K. Already have a couple calls/e-mails to confirm, but I would definitely relax for now...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what happens when we get too excited about the ACR. They jacked up the price to 110K. So much for the false marketing!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what happens when we get too excited about the ACR. They jacked up the price to 110K. So much for the false marketing!
THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!! :omg:

C'mon guys, haven't you EVER done a typo before? I just spoke with the folks at SRT and they are frantically trying to get the Internet guys to pull that pricing off there as it is absolutely positively 100% BOGUS. Apparently as somebody was building that option in they had no pricing yet (it has NOT been announced) and just stuck some numbers in as place markers. Guess they didn't understand how that works when it comes to marketing. IT guys - go figure. ;) Unfortunately, they are a rather big company and have 37 people to go through to get the change made. But I suspect it won't last the morning.

Oh, and just as an FYI: The final ACR pricing has NOT been determined, however they have assured us that the sub-$100K mark is firm for the starting price. Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

:tv:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First there was the so-called Canadian "hack". Now they are frantically trying to get some internet guys to pull the pricing. Only a bunch of nitwits will test on their client-facing systems? :dunno:

Would they like to hire me to manage their back-end I.T. infrastructure? I have almost 20 years of experience and they seem to be school graduates. I will even reduce their costs by 50% in the process and they can pass the savings to Viper buyers. :2tu:

Aaarrgh! I can't say enough about the incompetence in I.T.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I called early this morning, also , and frankly this is nothing new with any of the large websites ( GM, Ford, Dodge, Toyota , etc. ). The proliferation of products over the last few years , often means there is some miscommunication or a misprint. What has occurred a couple of times in the past, is an option code or price increase is added twice, suggesting someone missed that such information was already in the base price.

Chris has posted correct data, and though there have been some minor glitches this year, even on ordering, they got rectified very, very, quickly.

Logic states there may have been confusion on the Aero Package and the ACR package for the uniformed. Wouldn't surprise me that they didn't add both packages to the price of an ACR, thinking this was in addition too a set price, but I am sure it will all be according to Hoyle real soon.

Hang in there Viperholics!!!:drive:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!! :omg:

C'mon guys, haven't you EVER done a typo before? I just spoke with the folks at SRT and they are frantically trying to get the Internet guys to pull that pricing off there as it is absolutely positively 100% BOGUS. Apparently as somebody was building that option in they had no pricing yet (it has NOT been announced) and just stuck some numbers in as place markers. Guess they didn't understand how that works when it comes to marketing. IT guys - go figure. ;) Unfortunately, they are a rather big company and have 37 people to go through to get the change made. But I suspect it won't last the morning.

Oh, and just as an FYI: The final ACR pricing has NOT been determined, however they have assured us that the sub-$100K mark is firm for the starting price. Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

:tv:
It's lasted quite a few mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights. I think it's here to stay.

What a shame! As the price currently stands at 110K, my ACR order has been cancelled.

I like going for a ride, not being taken for a ride. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, the pricing listed is absolutely 200% wrong. This is straight from SRT themselves, not some web geek that can't do math and not some VCA guy that has ZERO reason to make it up.

Now I can't control what they have on their website and apparently they can't either. The web dorks basically DOUBLED the prices for the Aero Group and the ACR package by mistake. Apparently it takes an act of God to get it changed back. Regardless, IT IS WRONG. But hey, if you are just looking for an excuse to back out of the performance car deal of the century, be my guest. Just don't come crying back here when they do change the price to the correct one and aren't accepting any more orders. Your loss, not mine.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, the pricing listed is absolutely 200% wrong.
I just canceled my 2008 SRT order for a $55,000 ACR!

But seriously, what's the major concern here? Why make such an issue over a website inaccuracy? Are you concerned that the slack website administration is somehow indicative of ACR quality production?

Although, I DO get a kick out of Chris's frustration! :D Muhahaha

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At $90K, $100K, or $110K the car is still a bargain. If that little of a price swing is your concern you probably shouldn't be buying a car at this price point.

Additonally, this ACR will spank a new GT3, it should be compared to the GT3RS, and if you can buy a new GT3RS (from a PCAR dealer) for the price of the 08 ACR, I will personally give you $10K over for it and $25K over if its orange.

Just My .02

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At $90K, $100K, or $110K the car is still a bargain. If that little of a price swing is your concern you probably shouldn't be buying a car at this price point.

Additonally, this ACR will spank a new GT3, it should be compared to the GT3RS, and if you can buy a new GT3RS (from a PCAR dealer) for the price of the 08 ACR, I will personally give you $10K over for it and $25K over if its orange.

Just My .02
I don't think that's your .02, it's your 10K. :dunno: :lmao: