Think I busted my rear end.. Help

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the title of this post, it seems to me that you should consult a Viper proctologist. Please follow up with a post once the problem is definitively diagnosed.

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Based on the title of this post, it seems to me that you should consult a Viper proctologist. Please follow up with a post once the problem is definitively diagnosed.

Will do... I am having the car towed to Bill Sampognaro's shop in Flossmor IL. he does not think the half shafts are covered under the 7yr 70k mile powertrain warrenty thou :(

V

Venomiss

Will do... I am having the car towed to Bill Sampognaro's shop in Flossmor IL. he does not think the half shafts are covered under the 7yr 70k mile powertrain warrenty thou :(

Maybe call a someone here Chuck or MarkJ and ask beforehand?
Even better join the VCA.;)

Reaction score
I have a local customer with the same car and when I plug the numbers in I can tell you they ARE covered although you will have a deductible $100.

;)

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I watched a guy in a 2000 Camaro run 10.3's. He had about 680 rwhp, slicks and skinnies, car gutted and put in a auto 3 speed, trans brake, all that stuff. Car lifted front wheels and ran hard.

Our cars have great power and torque, but need slicks. But then you break stuff.

Its almost worth it to put in 1000hp half shafts and a quaife rear end and run slicks and not break anything. Its almost embarrassing to have a camaro or firebird say theyre faster than you :omg:

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a local customer with the same car and when I plug the numbers in I can tell you they ARE covered although you will have a deductible $100.

;)

Sweet!! I'll have to let Bill know to double check!! If this was just a fluke ill get it repaired under warrenty with the stock parts and when i decide to really mod the car ill upgrade...

V

Venomiss

Be sure to thank those that helped you and maybe consider joining the VCA.
Especially since the Illinois group is one of the best in the country.:)

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well picked up my car this weekend... It turns out I busted my driver side half shaft which was covered under warrenty:2tu:... Bill ordered the part and had it installed within a day:2tu:

I may be heading up to the track for the first time this weekend but am now worried i may snap another one :(

I don't even want to floor this thing until I upgrade my half shafts and rear diff now... Am I just being paranoid now?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well picked up my car this weekend... It turns out I busted my driver side half shaft which was covered under warrenty:2tu:... Bill ordered the part and had it installed within a day:2tu:

I may be heading up to the track for the first time this weekend but am now worried i may snap another one :(

I don't even want to floor this thing until I upgrade my half shafts and rear diff now... Am I just being paranoid now?

23k Miles , making anywhere from 600 rwhp to 700rwhp for over 2 years on an 06 coupe, that came delivered with S/C installed and no miles and not 1 issue with my 1/2 shafts (aka CVs).

Romp her and enjoy it. These cars came with the shafts and designed to handle the power, if they were that bad/break prone, we'd have a ton more posts like this.

Enjoy the car. (aka Unleash the beast)

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine