Thinking about Driving [west] to VOI?

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been kicking around the idea of driving to and/or from VOI for awhile now. I've also seen a few posts about it so now that the pricing information has been announced I thought I would start a thread for those who are considering driving to/from VOI from the east.

After asking around and finding out the extremely low interest in driving from my area, my current thought process is to drive up to NY, have Chuck do a once-over on my car, and join the caravan with the folks from NY (see below)

http://forums.viperclub.org/voi-11-salt-lake-city-9-30-10-03-2010/632621-way-advance-planning.html

A few questions to discuss...

Who else on the east coast is thinking about driving?

Does anyone want a ride to VOI?

Who has seats available?

:drive:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming a group from the East Coast (CT/NY/NJ/PA/OH, etc) will be coming west along I-80/I-76/I-94, which means they could meet up with MI, IN, IL on the south side of Chicago (Tinley Park) and begin the last 20 hour stretch. I'm likely planning to leave on the evening of the 28th (driving maybe 7 hours to Omaha, Ne), drive all day (13 hours) the 29th and be there rested for the morning of the 30th.

I'd check the Motor City and Illinois club boards for details on their plans and you'll likely be able to join at least one of the caravans!

I think it would be fun to find multiple caravans on the Interstates headed towards Salt Lake and just join in.

I know I had a VERY short trip to VOI X as Detroit was only 3 hours away on paper and I averaged 95 mph on my way there. (I found some crazy lady in a Honda Accord who had to be faster than anyone, so I let her lead whenever the conditions for a speed trap were right; I'm generous at times)

Regards,
Aaron

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing you are stopping at Chucks first. Maybe he will paint your car yellow so you can get there faster! :slap: :D

We will be driving down and meeting up with the OH crew.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still mulling it over here as well. Definitely interested in joining the New York group for their national tour plan. Will know more as time off gets firmer and dates are closer. Hit me up Wolf and we can start some planning.

Curtis

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know jdeft1 plans on driving. I have been contemplating. It's not the drive that has my second guessing, it's the time it will take to drive both directions. Not sure I can afford to be away from work an extra week.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife and I hooked up with the Washington club and drove cross-continent to VOI X. The drive there and back was nearly as great. Joe Christopherson trailered his 01 ACR and was nearly begging for someone to break down so he could drive his Viper instead of trailering it. Great bunch of people to travel with. Support was awesome.

Ted

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know jdeft1 plans on driving. I have been contemplating. It's not the drive that has my second guessing, it's the time it will take to drive both directions. Not sure I can afford to be away from work an extra week.

Take the extra time. You won't regret it. We took 10 days for VOI9 to Vegas. 4 days to get there (leisure drive with some sightseeing), 3 days in LV, and 3 days back. The best 10 days we ever had. Looking forward to the drive to SLC too. We're just not sure the route we want to take.

Prowlyn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are working on our route right now. The plan right now is leaving Minneapolis Monday Sept. 27 and leaving SLC on Sunday October 3 or the 4 depending on what is going on. I will update everyone as we get the route finalized. :drive:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm using up ALL of my alotted free days for this entire year so I can barely afford it :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing you are stopping at Chucks first. Maybe he will paint your car yellow so you can get there faster! :slap: :D

We will be driving down and meeting up with the OH crew.

Ah... an advocate of RED painting a Viper YELLOW? Me thinks not :dunno:;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala