Thinking about selling...need advise

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling the GTS. Want to try something different, maybe a SRT coupe. The car is a 2000 Steel Gray with silver stripes and 45k miles.

Here are my questions:

1) It has Max care till Sept 2011. if I turn it in I will get back almost $2000. Should I do this or keep it and ask $2000 more for the car?

2) The car is in very good shape for the miles it has. the only flaws are on the front bumper and the passanger door (has small bubbles that alot of these cars have). Should I repaint these to mae the car perfect or sell with all original paint)?

3) What would be a reasonable price?

Bill

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definitely keep the warranty in place and ask for $2000 more for the car. The added assurance the warranty will have for a buyer with a car with that mileage will make the higher asking price much more acceptable. Alternatively, you could give any buyer the choice by lowering the price if you discontinue the warranty. My bet is every potential buyer would opt to keep the warranty.
PAvenom RT/10

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the warranty I would sell it with the warranty. It is a big selling point, I believe who ever purchases it can transfer it with Dodge for $50. As for repaint, I would not repaint, they may think it was involved in an accident or somethng. Good luck on the sale.

PavenomRT10
I believe that was you I saw in New Hope 2 weeks back cruising in a Red RT. I went past you on main street in a Red GTS. Nice little town, may try to get a local viper cruise there. That is if there are some nice back ways there besides the PA turnpike.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

With 45K on the clock, I would leave the warranty intact. At the very least I think you can get the extra 2K in the selling price. I would definitely pay 2K more for a car with a warranty over another that didn't with comparable mileage. I believe it will also help you sell MUCH quicker.

And my 2 cents: Just be sure you think it over long and hard before selling your Gen II for a Gen III. :)