thinking about using redline oil

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody using redline oil in their rear trans and motor? I was thinking about changing everything over to redline. I heard a lot of good things about it.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using it in my rear differential, mainly because it
is available at JEGS - fully synthetic - correct weight -
inexpensive - and has the friction mod built in.

Luvjet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Red Line in my Differential and powersteering. I use Red Line gear oil in my Harley. I can actually feel the difference when I shift. I don't think you can go wrong with Red Line.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce from Bruces Speed Shop in NNJ, took some various cars, put them all on his dyno, ran them with there "stock" fluids in the rear and transmissions. They then emptied the fluids, put Redline in the rears and Trans's and EVERY car made rear wheel HP gains with Redline.
That convinced me!!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redline oil in the Getrag transmission (BMW's and Supras) causes seals to leak. When Redline tried to figure out the problem, their official word was that they were thinking it was linked to the synthetic oil causing seals to swell up and become brittle. So, we all switched back to the regular V160 oil. The problem has been documented on the mkiv.com list.

Not saying that this would happen on the Viper's... but, you never know. Does adding non-factory fluids such as Redline void extended DC warranties?

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years back when I was a member of Desert Venom Racing we decided to try Redline products after hearing the dyno results of another friend. We put Redline oils in the power steering, transmission and rear end. Within two races we lost two power steering pumps, one transmission,one rear end failure and the other rear end started to leak at the seals.

We replaced the failed items filled them with the fluids recommended in the Viper service manual and had no further problems.

Just my two cents.