This is an eye catcher! (new '10 ACR)

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool color combo.

The wide stripes ONLY look decent on the acr. They do not work for the coupe, it needs that wing for the wide stripes. Horrible move by dodge tho, nobody once complained about the stripes before (08-09) plus if they wanted to introduce these wider stripes it should of been an option.

Not true in both of your arguments. Firstly, go see the new stripes in person on both an ACR and regular coupe before you claim your hatred. Now I do believe that not every color combo works with the new stripes, but so far in most applications I've seen it looks nice. I don't much care for the new stripes on a vert, but I have yet to see them in person.

Secondly, lots of people complained about the '08 stripes because they were too thin. Dodge will never be able to please everyone. I was in the "those new stripes look horrible"
group, until I saw them in person that is.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the tapered stripe look but I think they just flare out a bit too wide.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the new '10's have the stripes go through the tag area. I know a lot of you dont care for the width of the stripes, but if you have a chance to, go check them out in person. Im pretty sure most of you would change your mind. They look MUCH better in person and have a very aggressive presence to them. They also kind of help to make the rear look wider.

Austin, ready for another trip back to the candy store :D I'm going in tomorrow 12/22 for a full service, arriving at Tomball Dodge @ 07:00, care to ride along? Morgan said he needed the car most of the day.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but all I was interested in was that Challenger in the background. Looks like a dragpack car. My eyes might be failing me but are those cheapo white trailer wheels?
That is what the drag pack comes with for the 6.1 hemi models, Then you add wheels and transmission of your choice. Great ACR, Awesome colour combo on that car, Not a fan of white but this one is Amazing!!!!!!:D:D

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, Great pictures, I saw this one on ebay too. I've always liked the white/blue, wish I had the $$'s for a GTSR. Great price for a '10. surprised that they ordered a 2-tone grey interior, instead of a blue one? also, I don't like the '10 stripes, going throiugh the hood vents, looks like a mistake, and, I don't like the "V" in the facia. 06 wide stripes tapered on the hood is the way to go!

Hope all's well. Heading to HOU tomorrow night, I'll try again to hook up. Best wishes!! Mike

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not true in both of your arguments. Firstly, go see the new stripes in person on both an ACR and regular coupe before you claim your hatred. Now I do believe that not every color combo works with the new stripes, but so far in most applications I've seen it looks nice. I don't much care for the new stripes on a vert, but I have yet to see them in person.

Secondly, lots of people complained about the '08 stripes because they were too thin. Dodge will never be able to please everyone. I was in the "those new stripes look horrible"
group, until I saw them in person that is.

Very true in both arguements lol claim "hatred", funny aha

I've seen a coupe with stripes in person, didn't like it.I haven't seen an ACR in person, so I was giving it the benefit of the doubt.

There were some people that said it was too thin but no where near the amount of people that don't like the wide stripes. I would easily argue half the people on these boards strongly dislike the wide stripes.

and I haven't seen that many people on these forums buy a new 2010 with stripes, honestly have you? It was a bad move buy dodge.

but to each his own, I think they look good on the silver and blue striped ACR or the black and green ACR :2tu:

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true in both arguements lol claim "hatred", funny aha

I've seen a coupe with stripes in person, didn't like it.I haven't seen an ACR in person, so I was giving it the benefit of the doubt.

There were some people that said it was too thin but no where near the amount of people that don't like the wide stripes. I would easily argue half the people on these boards strongly dislike the wide stripes.

and I haven't seen that many people on these forums buy a new 2010 with stripes, honestly have you? It was a bad move buy dodge.

but to each his own, I think they look good on the silver and blue striped ACR or the black and green ACR :2tu:

True. I dont think most have seen the stripes in person though. Im not saying all of the new stripes look good. Even on the thinner stripes from '08 and '06; it just came down to the color combo. Im actually in the minority and think Vipers look good without stripes, so Im picky about the color combos when it comes to the stripes.

The new ACR's do look best with the wider stripes for sure.:D

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too like the wide stripes on the 2010s. I didn't at first but they've grown on me. Can't wait for my own ACR to arrive Reliable says the car should be delivered right after Christmas. It will be killer. Ported heads, ported intake, roll bar, and a special paint scheme. Those that like this white/blue striped ACR should like mine.:D:D:D Will post pics as soon as I get it.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too like the wide stripes on the 2010s. I didn't at first but they've grown on me. Can't wait for my own ACR to arrive Reliable says the car should be delivered right after Christmas. It will be killer. Ported heads, ported intake, roll bar, and a special paint scheme. Those that like this white/blue striped ACR should like mine.:D:D:D Will post pics as soon as I get it.

Sounds like a perfect car.:2tu:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That color combo looks great, but I struggle with the black wheels on that combo and yes I like the looks of black wheels.

Bruce

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my 06. It's a toss up for me. I like them both...

viper45.jpg

viper36.jpg

viper54.jpg

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing I'm going to do on my ACR when it arrives is remove the black wheels and put on chrome six spokes. Will likely use the black wheels only for the track. :drive:

That color combo looks great, but I struggle with the black wheels on that combo and yes I like the looks of black wheels.

Bruce

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Austin, great photos.

I agree the white cars of today look so much better, and I got sick of the maint on black,

I just bought my kid a new car in White (black interior) and no other car on the lot in another color did the car any justice other than white.

Back in the day, I used to like the look of the white Supra with white wheels. I'm just saying!

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NEVER been a white car fan, but the last few years I think white has made a HUGE comeback in many areas of the car market. The whites these days are extremely clean and bright. The white used on the newer SRT's is gorgeous and is very loud. I thought the white Dodge used in '05 on the Viper was clean and bright until I saw the new '08-'10 white. It just looks good.

The blue stripes are GTS Blue.

I love the white and the stripes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang