This site gets slower and slower

Reaction score
I was gonna say that nobody is ignoring the problem....there will be a software update soon, there is a slight problem with time and personnel, though. We are, however, ignoring you. :)

JUST KIDDING...simply by me REPLYING should prove I'm lying.
about ignoring you. :)

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is much much slower than any other forum I use, so I'm hoping for big improvements after the upgrade. Being a newbie, I am prepared to wait on good content ... but not forever.

Mike M

OP
OP
GTS Dean

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Tony,

What are the planned system upgrades and timeframe? Are you going to be expected to implement it all on your own - without pay?

Dean

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA website makes money so why are we waiting to upgrade it. I agree with Dean, lets get it done ASAP even if we have to pay to have this done. We all appreciate the generous time given to the site by Jay, Tony, Joe and whoever else contributes to it with their time, FREE! Lets make this the best damn car club site for all to envy!

OP
OP
GTS Dean

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think "free" has been overused. The result is an out-of-date and slow-as-molasses website that just doesn't cut it. Pay someone *competent*, set an implementation schedule and make someone accountable.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likely the hardware is due for replacement.
It has been slow for 2 years.

For 6000$ they could get a really nice, state of art HP DL380 or a DELL 2850 with plenty of processing power and storage capacity ...

Usually IT consulting is very expensive. Just asking about how to move the Web site and DB to another server would cost them 10000$.

They could also sub contract the Web hosting.
http://www.startlogic.com offers greate combos.
I am sure VCA could negociate a good deal with them.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget buying servers, why not host with ev1servers.net or something and just use their hardware. $150/month with no signup and you've got a dedicated box. For $500 a month you can get a heck of alot and don't need to sweat the hardware outlay and get the latest and greatest.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ready to chip in if requested, this site is just dreadful at times, it's an embarrassment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960