This time I went to a real drag strip and these are the videos I got :)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to English town yesterday and had a blast. My best run was my first one in which I didnt even turn the car off from my trip from Ny. I put my helmet on in the staging lanes, came up, and ripped off a 12.4 @117.8mph and of course I dont have that run on camera:p After that I lowered my tire pressures to 20lbs and it was all downhill. My worst run came against a 911 awd turbo that I lost to by 1/10th of a sec. It was funny, cause I had my worst 60ft of 2.24 and hit the rev limiter in 1st and almost won :cool: Here are the videos, enjoy!! Viper vs Z06
Viper vs 911 turbo
Viper vs fbody
2 badda55 Vettes

cmauro600

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey mike looks like you shot some nice video at english town,I see you got back pretty quick from glen cove what was dragging under your car it looked like a bungie cord.

02 acr
o2 denali
02 wrangler

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to English town yesterday and had a blast. My best run was my first one in which I didnt even turn the car off from my trip from Ny. I put my helmet on in the staging lanes, came up, and ripped off a 12.4 @117.8mph and of course I dont have that run on camera:p After that I lowered my tire pressures to 20lbs and it was all downhill. My worst run came against a 911 awd turbo that I lost to by 1/10th of a sec. It was funny, cause I had my worst 60ft of 2.24 and hit the rev limiter in 1st and almost won :cool: Here are the videos, enjoy!! Viper vs Z06
Viper vs 911 turbo
Viper vs fbody

badda55 Vettes

Mike, I can tell you the secret to beat those pesky AWD turbo Porsches! On the street, 3000 RPM launch and slip the clutch so you never bog. Depending on how much VHT is on the track, you might want to do 32-3500 RPM and the same technique. If you do this, I guarantee you will win!

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What altitude is that track at, or was it not prepped well? All those times seem quite a bit off for the Porsche, Viper and ZO6.

The Turbos down here usually have the Viper and ZO6 in ET but the Viper has them both in MPH. Their all low 12 cars when stock here in South FL but thats at basically sea level and nice weather so, we got 12.7 outta my friends stock 03' Cobra and very low 12's for an ACR Viper and our friend worked his Z06 down from 12.4 to 12.2 in stock form.

I'm guessing your track is located at a much higher altitude then ours though lol. Awsome vids though. With your mods, your Viper should be an easy very low 12 car?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say vette or not I love to see fast cars run. Everytime I go to the track I get stuck racing doorslammers or bikes that just walk away from me.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey mike looks like you shot some nice video at english town,I see you got back pretty quick from glen cove what was dragging under your car it looked like a bungie cord.
It was nice meeting you today Carl along with citysnake and others. I love the way you drive your Viper, kinda like you stole it :eek: That was the wiringing for my hid fogs that was dangling from underneath. See you soon :)

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir - what altitude was that track at or prep, I think thats what affected yours and the others times compared to down here?

Looks like you had a good time at the track though, pretty rare when top cars like the Viper, Porsche TT and ZO6 are able to line up together instead of being stuck against some fart box or ricer lol.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx guys, my goal is to hit 11s with the michellins, I am 4ths of a sec away, so close yet so far away.

J Smith dont feel bad, my first time out I lost to a Lightining on slicks :eek:

Saleen I have no clue what altitude the is at, but it was a humid and muggy day. In all I'm happy about my mph for now. It is almost 2mph better than last time around :)

Paolo, what kinda 60ft times can I get sliping the cluth at 3k rpms on street tires? my best so far is a couple of 2.04s.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool videos Mike! :D

I took my car to the dragstrip for the first time a couple weeks ago.

I've got a 2000 R/T10 with smooth tubes, roller rockers, high flo cat, Corsa cat back (2.5),Ripper shifter,VEC-1, 3.55 gears. And here were my times:

Run R/T 60' 1/8 mile 1/4mile MPH
1 .666 2.225 8.573 13.042 111.72
2 1.03 2.265 8.509 12.765 117.38
3 .436 2.144 8.346 12.588 118.12
4 .612 2.060 8.240 12.464 118.99
5 .794 2.068 8.259 12.466 119.22

My first three runs I was working to get the timing right on the lights, and I started out launching from idle, with 22lbs in my rear tires.

I bumped the rears up to 26lbs, and started launching from 2000 RPM and easing in the clutch.
It was a MUCH better takeoff in 1st, but then I was spinnin badly hitting 2nd too hard both times.

A 3000RPM+ launch without slicks would spin the tires forever.

Our local track was not well prepped, and the '03 Cobras (2) were running between 13.0 and 13.3@114MPH.

On my third run I ran a supercharged H/C Firebird and he spun worse that I did and got a [email protected] :eek:

My 4th run was against a '02 Z06 and he ran a 13.18@109MPH

I just edged out a intake/cam/exhaust/slicks Corvette who got a 12.49@114MPH, but actually beat me due to a 0.16sec. better response time.

I'm going to try and make it out again next weekend and try to improve my times with some more practice. :D

Thanks again for the vids, :cool:
-Dean.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was slow because the track was located in the mountains of NJ LOL

Hey Mike...last night there was a Porsche Gt2 waiting for you.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was slow because the track was located in the mountains of NJ LOL

Hey Mike...last night there was a Porsche Gt2 waiting for you.
the one night I take a break from racing you get a Gt2 waiting for me :mad: You should have ran him dude. I also heard there was a blown vette up there :cool: and I turned off my cell phone too cause I was exausted :(

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dean how do you like the Ripper shifter? Anyproblems finding 3rd ever? It's good to see you got the car down to a 12.4 :) That was my best run too, but too bad It was against an fbody not the 911 or Z06 :p

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I like the Ripper shifter a lot. It has a more solid, positive feel compared with the stock shifter. I did miss third on my first run (after I bogged in first, and hit the rev-limiter in second) :eek:

But that has been the only time in a year that I've missed a gear, and that was just me getting flustered. I improved with practice.

Barely losing to a 911 Turbo is not as embarrassing as being more than a second slower than Treynor's Mercedes sedan (my 1st run). :eek:

http://www.treynor.com/Mercedes_Carnage.wmv

-Dean.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch that was a ****, sorry dude :shocked: I have to try out the Ripper again, I found it to be too stiff and grindy in a friend's Viper. Thanx.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4