Those ***** slapped Z06's better think again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun post AGAIN

I love zo6's they taste like chicken or is it most the drivers are chickens:dunno::D

There is always a car faster than yours out there, one day your gonna meet and get beat. Just enjoy the viper and keep putting those notches on your belt. Its the meanest most bad a$$ car ever made. :2tu:

You got that right! I got rolled a few weeks ago by a highly modded 2002 Camaro SS. Of course, when he pulled up next to me, I didn't know this and was thinking..yeah right man, you're driving a Camaro..an old one at that against my Viper:rolaugh:!!! Well, he was about one car ahead of me on both pulls.:omg:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are talking about stock Vipers vs. "SPECIALLY" made Vettes. Compare the stock Viper with a stock C6 Vette. That's the one you see going down the road and most people own. All stock Vipers are Vipers (except in th extreme case of the ACR). Vettes have 3 levels of performance. The Viper beats the C6 Vette and all other "C's" before it. Once they make ALL Vettes the same this conversation is not relevant. Until then, you are talking about a highly modified Vette "The Z06" (factory modified on purpose) vs. a stock Viper. Not the same. If you want to compare those, do the same modifications to the Viper that they did the Z06 and see who comes out ahead. Case closed. :drive:

I'm sorry, I couldn't let this one go... That is the lamest post I have read. "Specially" made vette? So the Z06 and ZR-1 aren't stock vettes so don't count in the comparison?

I don't see a Gen II or III taking out a Z06, have seen it first hand and all over youtube. I'm a Viper fan, but some of you guys need to step back into reality.

I have a number of friends that run 125 to 127 mph bone stock in the 1/4 (C6 Z06). Don't see any Gen II or III doing that stock.

(patiently waiting fot someone to throw the newb comment at me :eater:)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I couldn't let this one go... That is the lamest post I have read. "Specially" made vette? So the Z06 and ZR-1 aren't stock vettes so don't count in the comparison?

I don't see a Gen II or III taking out a Z06, have seen it first hand and all over youtube. I'm a Viper fan, but some of you guys need to step back into reality.

I have a number of friends that run 125 to 127 mph bone stock in the 1/4 (C6 Z06). Don't see any Gen II or III doing that stock.

(patiently waiting fot someone to throw the newb comment at me :eater:)

Thanks for calling my post lame. Nice way to start on a discussion board that is very cordial and mature. Yes, both the Z06 and ZR1 are specially made Vettes by GM. My neighbor has one and he showed me all the extras that were added to the C6 to make it go faster and handle better, etc.

All I am saying is add the same things to a Viper and see what happens. Get rid of the attitude. It does not belong on this board. Go to Viper Alley if you want to hide behind your computer and disrespect others. That is not what goes on here "Newbie".

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for calling my post lame. Nice way to start on a discussion board that is very cordial and mature. Yes, both the Z06 and ZR1 are specially made Vettes by GM. My neighbor has one and he showed me all the extras that were added to the C6 to make it go faster and handle better, etc.

All I am saying is add the same things to a Viper and see what happens. Get rid of the attitude. It does not belong on this board. Go to Viper Alley if you want to hide behind your computer and disrespect others. That is not what goes on here "Newbie".

LOL! Seriously... all the stuff GM added? :lmao: Do some research on the vette...please. So we will need to add the "reduce 100's of lbs" mod to the Viper, right? And then the bigger brakes....and the delaminating roof....etc...

I'm not coming to this board with an attitude, I just think your comparison is ridiculous. A Viper is better than a base C6 - congratulations! :rolleyes:

I apologize for calling your post lame, but it was. So let me get this straight, the Z06 and ZR-1 can't be compared to the Viper....because they are "specially" vehicles. I need to hear more....

Someone call all the car rags...all comparison testing is over:rolaugh:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello GENTS! ;)

I just KNOW that everyone in this thread is perfectly aware that we require posts to be about the topic at hand...rather than other participant's within the thread?

Of course you all do. :2tu:

:D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Seriously... all the stuff GM added? :lmao: Do some research on the vette...please. So we will need to add the "reduce 100's of lbs" mod to the Viper, right? And then the bigger brakes....and the delaminating roof....etc...

I'm not coming to this board with an attitude, I just think your comparison is ridiculous. A Viper is better than a base C6 - congratulations! :rolleyes:

I apologize for calling your post lame, but it was. So let me get this straight, the Z06 and ZR-1 can't be compared to the Viper....because they are "specially" vehicles. I need to hear more....

Someone call all the car rags...all comparison testing is over:rolaugh:

One question, Mr. Car Expert, how can the Z06 and ZR1 be faster than the regular C6 if there were not any modifications done at the factory to do such? What made them faster? The emblems? :dunno:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One question, Mr. Car Expert, how can the Z06 and ZR1 be faster than the regular C6 if there were not any modifications done at the factory to do such? What made them faster? The emblems? :dunno:

Are you serious?

The Z06 and the ZR-1 are not modified C6's.... they have different motors, frames, body panels, brakes, etc, etc.... (yes they share some pieces obviously) this isn't the corvette forum so I don't have the time to edumacate 'ya.

Yes, the emblems make them go faster....:2tu:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious?

The Z06 and the ZR-1 are not modified C6's.... they have different motors, frames, body panels, brakes, etc, etc.... (yes they share some pieces obviously) this isn't the corvette forum so I don't have the time to edumacate 'ya.

Yes, the emblems make them go faster....:2tu:

Got you to say it... DIFFERENT MOTORS!!! BYE NOW. YOU WILL BE ON MY "IGNORE LIST". Good luck dealing with people the rest of your life. :crazy2: I have no more time for you.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,. you are "right on" when it comes to the rear of the newer vettes. They are horrendous as are the pillars. I keep hearing about how fast the C6Z06's are, yet I have beaten them with both my '06 Viper (twice) and my '68 vette (embarrasing blowout, if there ever was one). The GTS is quicker than the SRT plus I have a cat free 3" Corsa booming out extra hp.

I'm not a psychic but I see a glorious a$$ whipping on the horizon.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me on this one ANY STOCK GEN 1 ever made driven by whoever you choose against Jamie Furman in a new Z06 will lose by over 2 seconds (20 car lengths in the quarter ) Yor comparing a very high 12 second car with a very high 10 second car .My old Gts did well in organized competition the car made 575 to the tire on engine alone driven by the best of the best ran 11.2 at 132 on stock tires .MANY A BONE STOCK z06 ON STOCK TIRES BEATS THAT TIME. THE RECORDS FOR THESE CARS ARE POSTED ON THE INTERNET =look them up.A Gen 4 Viper and a Z06 are damn near even to try to compare these times with a Gen 1 is crazy

LOL!!! What a ******!! 20 car lengths? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

First of all, my GTS is a Gen 2 and it is not a "very high 12 second car". Go educate yourself and learn that cubic inches always wins in the end. A Gen 4 Viper has well over 100hp more than a Z06 and is only limited by traction and overly tall gearing in stock form. With a set of lower gears, it would demolish a Z06 by some 50 car lengths. :D:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Your weight claims are way off as well. The Z06 gained weight after '06 in efforts to keep the sh1tcan from losing body panels on the road and breaking drivetrain parts during ordinary driving conditions. In '06 the weight difference was about 300 pounds not 400 and later on, became closer to 200 pounds.

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what its worth (probably about a cent and a half) I have done comparos with my cars (my son and I driving each, switching off to normalize for driver skill - or lack thereof) and here's how they do:

1970 454 Corvette (520 Flywheel HP) will outpull a C6Z06 running from 60-120. Torque pulls the oldster through.

The C6Z will crush the 1970 from a standing start. Sloppy IRS and L60's just don't get the job done.

The modded GTS (560 RWHP/585 RWTQ) crushes the C6Z from pretty much any starting point.

What I don't have is a stock GTS, my sense of it is that it'd be close but judgment gives the edge to the C6Z. However, the margin is probably thin enough that driving makes the difference in the outcome.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drumr, thanks for the input coming from the real world. My '68 vette is pumping out close to 700hp, has all modernized suspension and tires (315/35/17 rears), weighs in under 3000 pounds and ***** slapped a C6 Z06 like it was a 4 cylinder VW.

What work does your GTS have in it?

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BYE NOW. YOU WILL BE ON MY "IGNORE LIST".

Thank you, got you to say it ;)

First of all, my GTS is a Gen 2 and it is not a "very high 12 second car". Go educate yourself and learn that cubic inches always wins in the end. A Gen 4 Viper has well over 100hp more than a Z06 and is only limited by traction and overly tall gearing in stock form. With a set of lower gears, it would demolish a Z06 by some 50 car lengths. :D:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Your weight claims are way off as well. The Z06 gained weight after '06 in efforts to keep the sh1tcan from losing body panels on the road and breaking drivetrain parts during ordinary driving conditions. In '06 the weight difference was about 300 pounds not 400 and later on, became closer to 200 pounds.

What times and MPH do you run at the track? Also, why do you hate the Z06 so much?

For the record, anyone can win on the street....lots of factors. Leaving at the same time, right gear, etc... :drive:

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is it so hard to accept the facts? Every road test I've read suggests the ZO6 vs Gen IV 1/4 mile contest is a toss-up? Every one. The fact that most journalists prefer the Vette doesn't make it any faster (or slower).

I believe this argument was definitively settled on this very site some time ago: Furman has put both cars into the high 10's. And if I recall correctly, when pressed, Mr. Furman gives the Gen IV an average edge of a tenth or so over the ZO6 and a mile or two per hour trap speed, if based on numerous runs on any given day. Sounds like a toss-up, to me. What more evidence is either side of this argument looking for?

I respectfully suggest that, until you put your bone stock 6s and IVs into the 10s, you accept the opinion of someone whose pedigree is not debatable. I have.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, got you to say it ;)

What times and MPH do you run at the track? Also, why do you hate the Z06 so much?

For the record, anyone can win on the street....lots of factors. Leaving at the same time, right gear, etc... :drive:

Actually I admire the Z06 in many respects. However, the price tag is far too high for what it is; a fast car that has a Malibu interior, a weak, flexy frame, neanderthal suspension components and design and the reliability record of an Edsel. At 60 - 65k, I love the Z06. At 80k, they are ever too close to the price of a Viper and no vette is the equal of a Viper, period.

On another note, I don't like the direction that Chevy has gone with the vette. I would prefer a 540 c.i. big block with retro 1969 styling, better interior, more rigid frame and coil over suspension. The Z06 isn't a half bad attempt but the ZR1 is a joke. Neither one is even close to my idea of what a modern vette should be.

On the other hand, Chrysler got the Viper right, from the "get go". It's a shame that the company is changing hands like the easiest girl in high school.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey man look, he called your post lame and you are getting that bent out of shape on it? Even though this site is a cordial site, it's still the internet and from my short time on here I have seen people called a lot worse and not got in any trouble! Grow some skin!

Now onto your comment about the "speciality Corvette"

I think that you are highly mis-informed! For starters, the whole concept of the Corvette, dating abck to 1953, was to make an AFFORDABLE sports car that could contend with the rest of the world both in styling and performance. When the Viper was developed, do you realize that it was supposed to be competetion for the ZR1 because the price tag was supposed to be in the same ballpark (around high 50's or low 60's). Well, as you know, the ZR1 was only out for a couple more years and went away, leaving the Viper in a class all by itself. This continued from 1996 until 2006. The Viper by 1996 was a 70K plus semi-exotic, limited production car. Would you really consider it's competetion a Corvette that had a whopping 300 HP? No...and it wasn't! When the C5 ZO6 came out, it did close the gap a little but was still a ways off both in performance and price tag (about 20K+ cheaper). In 2004, the current Z06 had 405HP and the current regular C5 had 355HP. If you look back in history, there has always been an upgraded option for the Corvette including the Z06 and the Grandsport! Now, in 2005 the C6 came out with 400Hp and 400TQ for around 45K. Why in the hell would Chevy not want to come out with a new ZO6 that would be able to be in the same class as the Viper? It was the perfect idea and it worked becuase in 2006, the Z06 was king.

How is this a speciality corvette? Bottom line is, it's not dude. If the Viper never existed, it would have come out anyway with the same power level. All it is is an option. GM wanted to compete with the Viper, again like it did from 1993-1995 AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE WORLD. It has heritage in it dating back decades (427 anyone?). Are you just mad and can't take the fact that a C6ZO6 will **** a Gen III Viper? Oh and BTW another reason why the speciality comment doesn't hold, they make way more ZO6's than Vipers...how is that a speciality car? Highly modified from the factory?!?!??!?! Are you high lol? IT"S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLATFROM THAN THE REGULAR C6! The engine, tranny, rear end, suspension, frame, and brakes are all different. Is the 911 TT a speciality Porsche?

Last edited:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sigh, that was an old thread. You need to read the responses in the alley on that. There is no way...and I mean NO WAY EVER a stock Gen II GTS would dyno anywhere close to that and I think you know better.

On the Z06 subject, assuming you just have a catback in your 2006, I would race you for any amount of money that you wanted to race either from a dig or a roll from any MPH if I was driving a C6Z06. I promise you, if your Gen II or Gen III Viper comes across a C6Z06 with a good driver, you will lose 100 out of 100 times! This is assuming that your cars are pretty much stock...what exactly is done to both of them?

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh, that was an old thread. You need to read the responses in the alley on that. There is no way...and I mean NO WAY EVER a stock Gen II GTS would dyno anywhere close to that and I think you know better.

On the Z06 subject, assuming you just have a catback in your 2006, I would race you for any amount of money that you wanted to race either from a dig or a roll from any MPH if I was driving a C6Z06. I promise you, if your Gen II or Gen III Viper comes across a C6Z06 with a good driver, you will lose 100 out of 100 times! This is assuming that your cars are pretty much stock...what exactly is done to both of them?

Blah, blah, blah, this is the same nonsense that I keep hearing yet the ***** slapping continues. I suppose that the drivers I run across always ****? Maybe the flexy vette frame causes the spark plug wires to come off and the Z06's I walloped were only running on 6 or 7 cylinders?

To set the record straight, it is my GTS that has the Corsa exhaust and cat delete (replaced with straight-through cherry bombs) mods. I have not yet raced a Z06 with my GTS but have whipped two of them with my SRT. Ok, so 1 car length is not a huge beating (at least not compared to the 6 car **** kicking my '68 vette laid upon a Z06), but it was obvious that my Viper was inching ever so progressively away. Based on seat of the pants observations, my GTS would beat my SRT. Simple logic tells me that there are some Z06's in my future who are going to get owned, Viper GTS style.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who gives a damn about responses on the alley? That backyard mountaineer website doesn't have any validity or value, whatsoever. I agree that the dyno numbers seem a bit lofty but I'll be damned if my GTS doesn't feel a whole lot more responsive with the exhaust mods I have put on it. 495rwhp?? The dyno graph said it all in this link. Wow!!!!

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhh dude, I could make your car dyno 600RWHP if I wanted. It's just changing a few parameters around. Oh and BTW the alley isn't that bad lol. Seriously go read the thread, the guy even admitted that his car either has mods he doesn't know about or the dyno is messed up. Vipers are finicky cars on the dyno, things have to be set up differently. If you think those numbers are just a bit off, then I would like to have some of what you are smoking:) A stock GTS dyno's about 415/450 give or take 10 HP each.

BTW just for a comparion on how fast the C6ZO6 is comparted to a Gen III Viper, the Z ran a 7:42 on the ring, and the Gen III ran a 8:10.

Have you ever ridden in a C6Z06? If all you have done to your GTS is a cat delete and catback and your SRT is stock, then yes, every C6Z06 you have come across has had a bad driver. Sorry man not trying to get you spun up, but it's just not going to happen like that with a game driver.

Last edited:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way.I have a C6Z06 and a Gen 4 Viper.I have had a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Vipers.The C6 ZO6 will smoke the Gen 1 and 2 Vipers bad.It is hard for me to tell which is faster the C6Z06 or Gen 4 Viper.They are both animals and very nice in different ways.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! I have driven several C6Z06's and they don't smoke a Viper of any generation. They are fast, albeit built like junk, delivered with embarrassingly poor paint jobs, etc. but they feel very close to a Gen 3 in power output. A Gen 4 Viper is substantially stronger than a Z06, despite poor gearing. It's all relative, of course. My 454 c.i. N/A '68 vette has demolished a Z06 like it had a flat tire. I agree that a Z06 can beat a Viper but the reverse is true as well. You vette lovers pretend that it is no contest and that is pure nonsense. My results have proven that and say what you will but there is a whole lot of a$$ whipping on the way, via my free flowing GTS.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! I have driven several C6Z06's and they don't smoke a Viper of any generation. They are fast, albeit built like junk, delivered with embarrassingly poor paint jobs, etc. but they feel very close to a Gen 3 in power output. A Gen 4 Viper is substantially stronger than a Z06, despite poor gearing. It's all relative, of course. My 454 c.i. N/A '68 vette has demolished a Z06 like it had a flat tire. I agree that a Z06 can beat a Viper but the reverse is true as well. You vette lovers pretend that it is no contest and that is pure nonsense. My results have proven that and say what you will but there is a whole lot of a$$ whipping on the way, via my free flowing GTS.

Maybe you should do a little research. Like the video of the 1995 Viper against his buddies new C6Z06. They went from a 50 roll...and the Z had, about 10 lengths on it by the time they shut it off at 160. Built like junk? Do you even know what your talking about? I'm not a Corvette lover, but facts are facts dude. You can feel good about beating those cars...just know that the drivers probably were shifting at 6K:lmao:

How do you think the C6Z06 was able to demolish the Gen II on the ring so bad? Both cars had professional drivers in them.

Bring your catless cat back GTS up to the Panhandle and I'm sure I can find someone that would love to race your GTS in thier Z for a larg sum of money. I'm telling you dude, you haven't run into one with a good driver yet!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seriously Alex...all the Z06's you have ran into are 90 year old women with one leg...a left leg. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny how I post a Z06 a$$ whipping thread and the same half dozen corvulva trolls show up every time! LMFAO!!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alex i will stand by what i said. A GEN 1 is a high 12 second car stock .ANY DRIVER YOU WANT (PICK ONE )in a stock GEN 1 against Furman in his stock Z06 will lose by seconds.To educate you a second in cars like this is worth approx 10 car lengths.LIKE IT OR NOT THE RECORDS(PROVEN FACTS) FOR ALL THE CARS YOU MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD ARE HELD BY ONE MAN (AND ITS NOT YOU )The day you RUN 10S in your STOCK Gen 2 or Gen 3 is the day you should BRAG about beating Z06s ect until then its worthless chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen