Those ***** slapped Z06's better think again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me on this one ANY STOCK GEN 1 ever made driven by whoever you choose against Jamie Furman in a new Z06 will lose by over 2 seconds (20 car lengths in the quarter ) Yor comparing a very high 12 second car with a very high 10 second car .My old Gts did well in organized competition the car made 575 to the tire on engine alone driven by the best of the best ran 11.2 at 132 on stock tires .MANY A BONE STOCK z06 ON STOCK TIRES BEATS THAT TIME. THE RECORDS FOR THESE CARS ARE POSTED ON THE INTERNET =look them up.A Gen 4 Viper and a Z06 are damn near even to try to compare these times with a Gen 1 is crazy
Alex READ my above quote

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!!! What a ******!! 20 car lengths? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

First of all, my GTS is a Gen 2 and it is not a "very high 12 second car". Go educate yourself and learn that cubic inches always wins in the end. A Gen 4 Viper has well over 100hp more than a Z06 and is only limited by traction and overly tall gearing in stock form. With a set of lower gears, it would demolish a Z06 by some 50 car lengths. :D:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Your weight claims are way off as well. The Z06 gained weight after '06 in efforts to keep the sh1tcan from losing body panels on the road and breaking drivetrain parts during ordinary driving conditions. In '06 the weight difference was about 300 pounds not 400 and later on, became closer to 200 pounds.
Alex also if a Gen 4 Viper is so much quicker than a Z06 then why are the RECORD TIMES achieved by Jamie who owns BOTH cars EXACTLY EQUAL .As a matter of fact i BELIEVE the Vette is much easyier to get a better time out of and is consistantly faster than his Gen 4.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhh dude, I could make your car dyno 600RWHP if I wanted. It's just changing a few parameters around. Oh and BTW the alley isn't that bad lol. Seriously go read the thread, the guy even admitted that his car either has mods he doesn't know about or the dyno is messed up. Vipers are finicky cars on the dyno, things have to be set up differently. If you think those numbers are just a bit off, then I would like to have some of what you are smoking:) A stock GTS dyno's about 415/450 give or take 10 HP each.

BTW just for a comparion on how fast the C6ZO6 is comparted to a Gen III Viper, the Z ran a 7:42 on the ring, and the Gen III ran a 8:10.

Have you ever ridden in a C6Z06? If all you have done to your GTS is a delete and catback and your SRT is stock, then yes, every C6Z06 you have come across has had a bad driver. Sorry man not trying to get you spun up, but it's just not going to happen like that with a game driver.
Exactly for 4 straight years in the late 90-early 200s my 1996 Gts won the modded street tire division of the Mopar Atlantic Nats in Englishtown NJ (the car was later purchased by an EX VCA PRESIDENT )The most the car ever dynoed at was 575 to the tire .Every year someone showed up with some BS Dynojet sheet CLAIMING 650 -whatever to the tire yet was trapping 4 mph less than my car .As i previously responded the BEST my car ever ran was 11.2 at 132 on stock tires .In its day it was a fast motor only car today my ex Gen 4 totally stock was just as fast so is the Z06.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong; I love corvettes, especially Z06's. It's like having easy chicks available around the clock wherever I go, just ready to let me have my way with them. No matter where I am, there's a vette ready to get its a$$ handed to it. Hate them? I think not.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man this thread reminds me of 4chan...don't feed the troll.

Unfortunately the trolls came out of the woodwork once the title "Z06" was mentioned in the same sentence as "***** slapped". These corvette enthusiasts are a passionate bunch and it's a tough pill to swallow, getting owned 17 years running. Heck, I remember the L88 days when nothing short of a 2000 pound Cobra could touch a vette. The times have changed but those stubborn old coots are having a hard time with the necessary adjustments. God bless the poor bast@rds.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drumr, thanks for the input coming from the real world. My '68 vette is pumping out close to 700hp, has all modernized suspension and tires (315/35/17 rears), weighs in under 3000 pounds and ***** slapped a C6 Z06 like it was a 4 cylinder VW.

What work does your GTS have in it?

Basically a heads/cam car. 70MM TBs and an AEM with some good tuning. Not the fastest out there but I road race it and blowers always seem to get too hot under extended/severe conditions. I seem to out pull even the worked C6Zs on the long straights (they eat me up in the braking zones though!).....most NA C6s I've come across don't make much more than 550.....I'm sure some do, but I haven't come across 'em.

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a slightly different take on all this.

How many Vipers were ever built?

25000?

How many Corvettes were ever built?

1,302,401?

Which car will hold its value better over the years?

Do you go "** HUM" when you see a Vette?

Vettes are like cockaroaches............

Vipers? Well, all you got to do is say the word "Viper" and most people's ears perk up.

Vette? ** Hum! Hell, everybody and their dog own a Vette! :moon:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even if the Z06 beats the Viper........... it's still just a vett and YOU ARE DRIVING A VIPER
:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu: I like all sports cars but my Gen II Viper gets way more attention than any Vette or Porsche I have owned. Bottom line is that they are kind of a rare car. They have **** lines and a **** and git look! :drive: Have I said how much I like my Viper??? :dance:

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vettes are like cockaroaches............

Vipers? Well, all you got to do is say the word "Viper" and most people's ears perk up.

:moon:

Just the ears, you say?

DrumrBoy, that's a hell of a Viper you've got. Just remember to be easy on the corvette guys. They take a hell of an a$$ whipping but are nonetheless a sensitive batch.

jjbondzio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love vipers but this car is this schiz nit. It would honestly beat any street legal car, hands down and costs about $40k.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA[/media]

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose that you misunderstood my "rhetoric". I mentioned the L88 because those were the real vettes as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187