Those with B&B/Random Tech combos

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for some info on an exhaust combo, specifically B&B headers, Random Tech metal substrate cats and a Random Tech cat-back. My questions are, if you have this combo or maybe if you even just have B&B headers, does the installation require any welding? If I go this route I'd like to do the install in my garage. Is it possible to have a setup that allows the cats to be swapped in and out with straight pipes?

I like the sound of the B&B/Random Tech combo, but I also really liked the convenience and easy install options with my previous Edelbrock headers, high flow cats, and Borla cat-back setup.

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
I cannot really give any insight into how the install will go with the B&B headers, random tech high-flow cats, and cat-back. Although, I can say that the cat-back exhaust sounds pretty nice with just the stock headers and cats. I have it installed on my 99 RT/10. The fit and finish of the cat-back is great too! I am interested in hearing what people have to say about this because I was looking to swap out the stock cats for either the random tech or ROE high flows this spring. I have heard though that there is welding required when installing the high-flow cats.

Brian

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ask 2002 viper gts acr. I think he had that exact setup on his 02.

That would be me !! :)

I read the post, and thought, if this post was directed at anyone, its defintely directed at me !!

Good Memmory on my set up btw !!

Ok, so here is the deal NO WELDING NEEDED, its pretty much a direct connection, only thing you might/will need to do is cut the catalitic converter pipes, as they send them super long, so you can fit them and then cut off the excess material.

Also you can get B&B (definitely) or Random Tech (maybe) to send you the mid pipes that eliminate the need for cats. I had a complete B&B header to tailpipe set up, and after I bought it with THEIR cats, I asked if they could furnish me some mid pipes without cats, and they sure did, it was so easy to go catless and then back in a few hours. The problem becomes once you go catless you will get tons of people ******** at you about how bad your car stinks. Then you put the cats back in, and all is cool again.

I later returned the whole set up, as they had a design flaw which they later corrected, that basically caught my side sill on fire (document on here in an old post).

Then I went back and bought a set of B&B headers again, but this time went with Random Tech cat back, and LOVED the new set up.

The B&B header with Random Tech cats is without a doubt my favorite setup. Let me know if you have any other questions. But the short answers are no you dont have to weld at all, and yes you can get one of the two companies to provide you with mid pipes that override the need for a cat, I just wouldnt recommend it, the smell isnt worth the 10 rwhp gain at most.

Jon :2tu:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got this setup too. Unfortunately, I bought the car that way, so I wouldn't know about the welding. Therefore, I'll just piggyback on Jon's comments and validate that I like the setup. Good choice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang