Tinted Tails and Painted Diffuser

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I was apprehensive about doing this on the silver, but it was raining and we had nothing else to do. I think the results are fantastic.

Good thing you don't live in Seattle, or your car would look like a Jackson *******...

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a white mamba with tint on the tails and a blackout on the diffuser would look smokin. just my .02, what the hell do i know?

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, on the white Mamba, lighten up a bit on the tail lamp tints??????? Dark grey/pewter on diffuser??? What the hell do I know? my .01 :cool:

Larry

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
larry, you probably know more than I ever will.. Two coats of paint and one transparent on a white car, with a charcoal grey diffuser would look hot,.

I actually plan on painting the whole ass end of my silver dark, tasetully. If that can be done tastefully. But than again, what the hell do i know?

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aw shucks!

In the eye of the beholder! You are right, it would look good!

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, As we used to say beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. Since I have had a few libations while floatin in the cement pond I will refrain from posting anymore today.
Boat Drinks!

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone help out and look at a factory black-diffuser car?
Stopped by my friend's body shop to work out the details of painting my diffuser and would like to know where the factory stops the black paint: do they paint it all the way under the strakes to the bottom front edge and on the sides parallel to the side edge of the diffuser (a big rectangle underneath), paint just under the bottom edge stopping it horizontally across the strake rear edge, other?
Thanks

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This plate was actually for my gts. B&B headers, borlas with 3 inch pipe out the ass. The license plate sits right over the exhaust and man that car was loud. It fit perfect. My current srt has a similar setup but is rather docile. I either need to get a corsa or a new plate.
I will probably get the corsa!

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voltage....Your car looks better ever time I see it. Larry are those tails dark enought for you? I have them packed and waiting to ship.

Todd, thanks for posting. I think the Jeep SRT is in the money for this Friday at the strip!

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voltage....Your car looks better ever time I see it. Larry are those tails dark enought for you? I have them packed and waiting to ship.

Ron, That's the shade and Volltage's car is badazz! Thank's for taking your time and getting them perfect!

Zorro and anyone else considering the tints; Ron (Zen Garage) has taken a lot of time from running his businesses to make sure I get the exact shade I have had in my mind's eye since this discussion has been posted. Getting the exact tint I want for my black car and making sure it was not too dark or light. While I am aware anyone with paint and equipment can do this, Ron now has the experience on many Vipers of many colors.

I bought a complete set of rear lights and front fogs and if I have to, I can exchange them for the original to satisfy the worst fix-it ticket and then pop these back in rather than scraping any tint off and throwing away $$'s.

Ship them Ron and again :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, they really do look good. Gotta shut this down before I stare and drool over Volltage's ride all night!
Larry

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat, are yours a 3m type film that is applied on top of the lense? Not to knock that type of application, but the end results are no where near the quality as a set that are painted with two or three coats of paint, clearcoated and than baked. All done in a paint booth.

I have the Rockblocker on my chargers headlights. It looks ok from 5-10 feet, but upon close inspection, the bubbles and flaws are obvious.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Zen, you have a store I can get this from? Can you quote me some just like voltage??

not in a million years I thought I'd get those, but they look gorgeous!

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bat, are yours a 3m type film that is applied on top of the lense? Not to knock that type of application, but the end results are no where near the quality as a set that are painted with two or three coats of paint, clearcoated and than baked. All done in a paint booth.

I have the Rockblocker on my chargers headlights. It looks ok from 5-10 feet, but upon close inspection, the bubbles and flaws are obvious.

Yes, I use a 3mm Vinyl Overlay. True, painted ones do look awesome. Mine still look good however ;) . Here's my darker 6/10 tint on a Vette I did a while back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bat™

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang