Tire monitor light?

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any way to disable the tire monitor light?(pull the fuse,or remove the bulb from the instrument panel.) )I might be selling my stock rims and tires.im pretty sure he will want the sensors too.I check my tire pressure often so i dont think i will need them.I just can not deal with that light on all the time.thanks.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get another set of sensors and mount them in your new wheels. It can't hurt leaving that system up and running to let you know if you have a tire that is going down while your driving. :cool:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to steal your thread but, Chuck i bought new sensors for my aftermarket wheels and mounted them up and I have NO "lotire" light. I did not have them calibrated with the ECM/BCM, i thought i had to have them calibrated? Could the computer calibrate with the new sensors on there own?

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about putting nitrogen in your tires and they will stay at their desired setting longer, therefore less light time....my $.02

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to steal your thread but, Chuck i bought new sensors for my aftermarket wheels and mounted them up and I have NO "lotire" light. I did not have them calibrated with the ECM/BCM, i thought i had to have them calibrated? Could the computer calibrate with the new sensors on there own?

Yes somtimes they will calibrate on their own! :dunno:

So i guess there is no way to disable the light?:feedback:

Not that I know of and feedback is what your getting. :dunno:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the love:dunno: Am I missing something

Tire gauges have worked for 100 years and if a guy wanted to swap wheels or change pressures for a dragstrip he didn't need to worry about electronic compatibility issues. But since Ford, Firestone and a few lazy SUV owners screwed up everybody has to deal with TPS.

And too soon we will all have ESC. Again, due to some morons that don't know how to drive a 6000lb SUV.

There will be no more sports cars. Instead they will be idiot proof SUVs in a compact body.

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tire gauges have worked for 100 years and if a guy wanted to swap wheels or change pressures for a dragstrip he didn't need to worry about electronic compatibility issues. But since Ford, Firestone and a few lazy SUV owners screwed up everybody has to deal with TPS.

And too soon we will all have ESC. Again, due to some morons that don't know how to drive a 6000lb SUV.

There will be no more sports cars. Instead they will be idiot proof SUVs in a compact body.

+1, The TPS system have been implemented to the viper in 03' since the SRTs had runflats ?, no tuners or viper tinkerers have figured a way to disabled this stupid thing, sure it's an nice feature to have, but there are time when we don't need it.
I sure don't need this TPS when getting my aftermarket wheels, and using non run-flats.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I see. Hey atleast it only beeps once and its in black LCD. It could be like the corvette's system, thats enough to drive you crazy:omg:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.:)has anybody had the instrument cluster apart and removed the bulb.is this even possible?

The "lotire" light is not a bulb............its in the drivers info system above the odo. Like i said you would barely notice it.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, had loads of trouble with this on my Mamba, the sensors mounted in the wheels are linked by radio to the central pressure unit under the dash.

Being radio the Viper requires that you set them with the DRB tool which will confirm that the ECU confirms a connection with each sensor and can tell the location of each, sorry but I can't remember if they are on different frequencies but the DRB knows.

So if you buy new sensors you will need to have the sensors matched to the tire monitoring unit under the dash.

They are not auto detect.

And even after setting they will not recognise until the cars speed has increased from parked and the wheels have made a number of revolutions in my case about 5 miles.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must have been thinking of that darn seatbelt light.:mad:

I have been running my HREs for two years now and barely notice the lo tire. Is is right above the odometer is small black writing. I do get a single chime at start up but you dont realize it is for the tire monitor. Doesnt bother me one bit!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, had loads of trouble with this on my Mamba, the sensors mounted in the wheels are linked by radio to the central pressure unit under the dash.

Being radio the Viper requires that you set them with the DRB tool which will confirm that the ECU confirms a connection with each sensor and can tell the location of each, sorry but I can't remember if they are on different frequencies but the DRB knows.

So if you buy new sensors you will need to have the sensors matched to the tire monitoring unit under the dash.

They are not auto detect.

And even after setting they will not recognise until the cars speed has increased from parked and the wheels have made a number of revolutions in my case about 5 miles.

I agree with you, but the problem i'm having is I have NO "LOTIRE" light on. I'm guessing if the system does not read the sensors the light would come on..........I'm going to lower the tire pressure in the one wheel and see if the light comes on then..... Hey maybe i got luckly some how and it did recalibrate itself somehow.

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been running my HREs for two years now and barely notice the lo tire. Is is right above the odometer is small black writing. I do get a single chime at start up but you dont realize it is for the tire monitor. Doesnt bother me one bit!

Nader,
You have been running HRE w/o any TPM sensors, and all you get is one chime at start up, and you don't get a constant chime while driving ? I thought it would be constantly chiming and light on, that would be irritating.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader,
You have been running HRE w/o any TPM sensors, and all you get is one chime at start up, and you don't get a constant chime while driving ? I thought it would be constantly chiming and light on, that would be irritating.

Nope just one chime at start up and it will display "LOTIRE" on the dash (constant), right next to where it says "doorunlocked"