told ya and it will get worse

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trade in value on a 13 GTS which was originally over 130k is not 70k now. Now the wholesale number is 60k. So I misspoke. The depreciation is actually greater than half. But run to order for fear of a price increase. Thats just comical.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trade in value on a 13 GTS which was originally over 130k is not 70k now. Now the wholesale number is 60k. So I misspoke. The depreciation is actually greater than half. But run to order for fear of a price increase. Thats just comical.

"na na na na na boo boo ! Told you !"

You are 13 years old, aren't you ?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wholesale numbers you are speculating about are for SRT model not the GTS. big MSRP price difference. do your homework first. on the other note why are you back and causing waves again, go buy a corvette and join a different club.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who gives a rats ass what the wholesale price is on a Viper, your a big boy if you want one go and buy it, if not buy a corvette, and how are the wholesale prices on Corvettes or Mustangs, you think you are going to get rich buying one of them. Go buy a VW diesel thats the car for you.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wholesale numbers you are speculating about are for SRT model not the GTS. big MSRP price difference. do your homework first. on the other note why are you back and causing waves again, go buy a corvette and join a different club.
LOL I'm sure when the last one rolls off the line the prices will go up...

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dealers are never a good gauge of market prices. My dad just checked the book on his 03 and it ranged from $0 on AutoTrader to $28,000 on KBB to $43,000 on NADA. It's what the market will hold that ultimately counts. A low production car with limited number of sales doesn't give a good average, not to mention most of those $130k cars were big markups.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't feed the trolls, especially the ones that are just typing the most shocking thing possible no matter how wrong they are. Take a look at a one Wanted's posts from 2014:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

pitdad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have correctly identified that cars depreciate.

Perhaps you should change your handle to "WANTARD".

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted, Does it really matter to those of us that have and enjoy. My Vipers deliver an experience like no other car I have owned and the heck with the future value, cannot put a price on the fun I have with mine.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6/7/14

Re: gen v resale value
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by redtanrt10
Wanted, you remind me of guys that said before the G5 came out, "if I can get one at sticker I can flip it for $10K more" They didn't know the viper market and I don't think you do either. (But I really don't think you believe the prices you posted , instead you've got an axe to grind or are just seeking attention).

If you do believe this is where the market is headed, then I've got a proposal for you. I'll buy a forward contract from you for 5 used G5's at $50K in January '15 and I'll pay you $5K a car now for the option. ('13's or '14's any model, any color, no salvage and under 10K miles) Send me a pm and we can discuss legal agreements. thanks, Mike

Great to see you back! Now its January '16 and you're telling us you missed your market prediction by 20%. Keep you day job, and stay away from day trading