too much pedal free play

cuong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was wondering how do you tighten the trottle cable because the car wont reach WOT because there is too much free play on the pedal.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HEY CHUCK, figure rather than post this in a separate thread I would ask this here since it involves the pedals. My clutch pedal feels real soft, almost too soft everytime I drive my car for the first 20 or so minutes like i am pushing it to the floor with little if any effort. It seems like it is working just fine but I really think it isnt normal. I only drive the car once every 2-3 months so could this be the cause. seems like after the car is fully warm the pedal regains some solid feel to it? help me out wizard!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY CHUCK, figure rather than post this in a separate thread I would ask this here since it involves the pedals. My clutch pedal feels real soft, almost too soft everytime I drive my car for the first 20 or so minutes like i am pushing it to the floor with little if any effort. It seems like it is working just fine but I really think it isnt normal. I only drive the car once every 2-3 months so could this be the cause. seems like after the car is fully warm the pedal regains some solid feel to it? help me out wizard!

Hey Josh,
When you were here in Sept. we changed the clutch fluid, so that's not it, but I have driven many with a soft clutch pedal and many with a hard pedal. No two Vipers are the same! As long as the clutch is not slipping, don't worry about it. :cool:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cool i like it then, just worried it was not normal. and chuck i didnt realize you did the clutch fluid too. you da man brother

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There are adjusters for the throttle cables on GENI's. It is on top of your motor and just behind the throttle bodys. You'll see a black plastic unit on each of the cables and on the inboard side of the adjuster there is a "D" shaped silver metal button. Grab the cable in back of the adjuster [towards the windshield] and push in the "D" and then pull the cable rearwards, then release the "D" [repeat on the other cable]. Now before you start her, step on the gas pedel ALL THE WAY to the floor and they will set themselfs. Go drive and enjoy WOT!! :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang