Top Gear USA

Panzer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Ill try to remeber to watch it, hope its as good as the UK version of the show. Lots of fun XD

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder, Premier tonight on the History channel. The commercial just aired showed a segment featuring a Viper. I didn't catch whether that was going to be in tonight's show.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, just saw the commercial too. Just that commercial makes the Viper look unbelievable!! I hope that's tonight's episode.

Panzer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching it now with the Viper helicopter chase, pretty sweet.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched Cobra Vs. Viper......... pretty weak.:(

Liked seeing the ACR with the Stig going around the track. 1:22:2tu:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well so far it is way, way better than I expected. Very cool to use the Viper ACR as the benchmark on the test track.

If they keep this up the show will be a hit.

Cheers,
George

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate those staged events. They act like the chopper "finds" them, but you never wonder why they are sitting on a bridge doing nothing with ground cameras set up already. And neither of those guys had a cell phone with GPS?

Panzer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy old people on the track XD

Now theyre junking it up with lambos. The Viper v10 sure as hell sounds better. Them Euro cars are too high pitch.

Last edited:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i also felt it had a odd and staged feeling especially when they stopped on the bridge but it was still entertaining with all their kind words about the viper

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they did right by the viper, but could have given more air time :D

the stig left at least 4 seconds on the table :nono:

1-1.5 secs at the start and 2.5-3 secs on the 1st 1/3 of the track

if he had a little more track time in the car, he'd have been in the teens - looked like no traction control got to his head

Panzer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HA! The ACR still crapped on all of em them lambos. $110k car beat a half million dollar one. love it!:usa:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah, I thought the chase was a bit staged also. It was fun to watch; 20 minutes of the Viepr. Even my wife enjoyed it.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah, I thought the chase was a bit staged also. It was fun to watch; 20 minutes of the Viepr. Even my wife enjoyed it.

I agree with the wife enjoying it statement...that's how I know they'll have a winner. If a car show can entertain women, then they've got something.

I don't know the dark haired guys name, but he is very good on "Rescue Me"...had no idea he was going to be on Top Gear.

Cheers,
George

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, The Stig didn't look as smooth in the ACR as he could have. Still, nice to see the L cars go down to American muscle!

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the show, because it's the first one to run the ACR as hard as they could run it. I found myself being disappointed at first, because they weren't driving an ACR. Then, they put it on the track, and beat up on the Lambos!!! It's about time that a show about fast cars shows everyone that the ACR is the real deal!

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was the best it could have been. Best car show the USA has ever made by far. Realize that anyone comparing the UK version is going to be disappointed. It's not a fair comparison. The UK version has had years to refine the show the US version is just getting out of the gate. Did it copy a winning formula? Yes of course it did that's what the name implies. But I think it has its place, I think the show has its own feel to it.

Now with that said it couldn't have been more catered to me if they tried. After they gave a proper send off to the GEN 4 Viper it killed two 1/4 of a million dollar Lamborghinis and one 1/2 a million dollar one.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cars and Stig were the stars. I give credit to Buzz Aldrin. He is way up there in age and did a great job. I thought the three hosts were annoying. Too cute. The fellow who drove the Lambo 180 MPH and then came back with his hands shaking needs to find another job. I liked seeing the Cobra but I thought the skit was silly bordering on stupid. I would have much preferred to see a race down the runway with the Viper and the Cobra starting from a standstill ( one where the Cobra is already in the air hovering and one where it is on the ground and has to lift off first to make the run) similar to the Viper versus Viper events.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that was a phenomenal 1st show for the Viper:

1) set the standard by which all lap times will be judged...
2) defeated all three Lamborghini's anyone would suggest could knockoff the Viper ACR (and you could easily get two Viper ACRs for the cheapest Lambo)
3) showcased how fun a SRT10 Vert can be
4) compared the Viper to Pam Anderson (that's pretty damn good! I wonder what car is Bea Arthur?)

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4