Torque Specs for Lug Nuts

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the torque specs for Gen III lug nuts? I checked the owners manual and didn't see anything. I've been doing 90 lb feet, but was wondering if there is an "official" spec.

Kai

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How timely, I was going to ask the same question today, since I received a Griot's Garage torque wrench from my wife for Christmas (yes, I provided a list this year after receiving a picnic basket last time, hehe). I looked it up last night in the 04 shop manual, and it too states 90 ft.lb. or 122 n.m. I was, however, under the impression that the common practice was to torque the lugs more than that. Does anyone have any opinion on whether 90 ft.lb. is sufficient for the track, or if a higher torque is routinely used by techs, tuners and track rats?

How about the lug torque specs on a Sloan Kwikload trailer? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called Sloan Kwikload trailers. In response to my question "What's the torque specs for the wheel lugs?" the guy on the phone said in a Texas drawl "Just as tight as you can get 'em." Hehe.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always been using 95#, and make sure you don't do it when they are hot or they WILL break when they cool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950