Tour of CAAP while in Detroit?

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know how, or even if it's possible, to schedule a tour of the CAAP (a.k.a - Viper Plant) while visiting Detroit? I'm going up next week and just thought about this and was hoping to make this a stop on my visit. Any help would be appreciated. :dunno:

V

Venomiss

Anybody know how, or even if it's possible, to schedule a tour of the CAAP (a.k.a - Viper Plant) while visiting Detroit? I'm going up next week and just thought about this and was hoping to make this a stop on my visit. Any help would be appreciated. :dunno:

Yes, Call 1800-998-1110 at JRT and ask for Fiona or Kim.
They can help you set up a CAAP tour. M-F and on Detroit time so call now!
Good luck with it.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from Jeff with the SRT Exp., he said that they can fit me in on Tuesday! I can't wait! I figured it would be hard to get this done at the last second. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics.

V

Venomiss

I just got an e-mail from Jeff with the SRT Exp., he said that they can fit me in on Tuesday! I can't wait! I figured it would be hard to get this done at the last second. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics.

Hopefully you are going to VOI too? (If you aren't signed up already).;)

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately not as I have some important issues at work during that time. That's why I'm taking the tour on Tuesday. I wish I were going to VOI as it's in my hometown, but duty calls.

I'm sure it will be a great event and I know I'm going to miss a wonderful time.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they only do the tours on Fridays still?

I just got the "instructions" and they only do tours Tuesday through Thursday at 10a. Plus, you have to give them at least 2 weeks notice and only for VCA members (non-VCA members have to have special permission to attend the tour with you - which doesn't seem too hard to get as I'm taking 2 guests with me).

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the plant tour today and it was AWESOME! I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a Viper...you have to go at least once. The people were great, and the VVV is beautiful...have to see it in person. Also saw some aero packages available that were pretty neat.

Took lots of pics and video...will post as soon as I get back home (forgot the cable to download the pics).

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the plant tour today and it was AWESOME! I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a Viper...you have to go at least once. The people were great, and the VVV is beautiful...have to see it in person. Also saw some aero packages available that were pretty neat.

Took lots of pics and video...will post as soon as I get back home (forgot the cable to download the pics).

I know of a certain NY/CT region Prez that is itchin' to see his black Aero group car so for his sake I hope that his car is among your pictures :eater:

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay...as promised...here are the pics!

1996 Indy Pace Car

The start of a Viper - the block

Autographed Hood from the first VOI

Wheels waiting to be mounted

Just waiting for a new home

Tramsissions (which still have the Sneaky Pete logo stamped on them - rears have Fangs)

Waiting to be roll tested (a job I would love)

An ACR waiting for the aero package

Inspection Line

Some Violet pics - even better in person! My new favorite color!!!

End of the line

Waiting for delivery (not an ACR in front - just a coupe with an optional aero pacakge - nothing adjustable on it)

ACR waiting to be picked up!

Owner Pick-up SSG

Shot of different wings available with optional aero package (again, not ACR package)

The Water Tester - yes, I was told it is perfectly okay to drive them in the rain, but I don't believe the guide!

An original Gen 1 engine

Couldn't say it better myself!

Thanks to Ken and Janet for the tour!

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to the plant a number of times. I would go once a week if I lived closer. It is history in the making. A must go for any Viper enthusiast!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog