Towing a Viper

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I am trailering my viper to track days and im trying to figure out if my 08 converible has those screw in, metal things that can be attached to the front of the car to pull it up onto trailer or flatbed for towing....I see them on the ACR all the time...

Sorry I dont know the name of what im asking about. If the converible doesnt have it, where is a good place to hook up my ***** to pull it up onto the trailer so I dont hurt the car??

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie, I think your asking about a front tow hook that I'd recommend for the track. You should also get the rear. Front comes off very easily, rear doesn't get in the way and I don't take it off. Here's a picture of a front and rear from "Dave's Big Brakes". There is another version that is more of a tow strap for the front that Mark @ Woodhouse sells, but I don't have a picture. Mike

Tow Hooks

Here's two pictures installed;

forgeline_1 - ViperClub Photo Gallery

08_rear_tow_hook - ViperClub Photo Gallery

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you need someone to help you. Don't attempt to do this by youself, Get a certified consultant.

V

Venomiss

I am a VCA Member. TN/AL

the reason im cant just drive it onto the trailer is becuase once on, the door can not be opened.

If you are a VCA member PM your member number to one of the moderators here so they can upgrade you on this site. You will see a whole lot more and be eligible for monthly giveaways in the VCA members section.

Read that thread and Jerry Dobson from the KCVCA can help you with tow hooks.
(Only for VCA members);)

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a winch on my open trailer, and have used it on occasion to load a disabled car. I just purchased a v-bridle strap, and plan to use that in the future. It comes with J and R frame hooks, so you would connect it to the frame rails, and then hook it the winch lead. I'll let you know how it works out when I receive it, and get a chance to try it.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a Vert so....

Drive car into trailer

1. Lift your body up out of your drivers seat
2. step on the seat
3. Swing legs out of car onto wheel well of trailer
4. walk on out

The mirrors do fold in on the viper FYI :D (I didn't know that for a long time seriously)

I use the rhook holes on the frame (front) to pull the car in with the winch if needed. Very safe and secure and you get an even pull unlike the tow hooks. They (tow hooks)do serve there purpose though.

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can try using these tow hooks:
Install two tow hooks in the front, one on each side and your good to go! and once you're done, unscrew one and screw it into the rear mount and you're ready for the track! :drive:

[media]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/robertkwong/BlackTowHook.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/robertkwong/RedTowHook.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/robertkwong/SilverTowHook.jpg[/media]

Available in Black, Red or Silver, can be easily installed and removed in less than 5 minutes. Fits all SRT10's including ACR's :2tu:
Made of Aluminum alloy & hardened steel and also designed & made in America :usa: