Track Days in CO

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My daughter wants to do another High Performance Driving Event. I had her out in my Saleen at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Now that I'll be moving to the Denver area are there any tracks in the vicinity and are there any clubs that do track days there this fall?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There definitely are a few. I happen to have a 1985 Saleen Race car sitting in my garage (friend is picking it up tonight) that gets the crap beat out of it at High Plains Raceway. Just Google it!:usa:

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coloviper, Have you ever run this track? It looks pretty good. For $2400 you can rent the track for up to 4 cars. I could see doing that with a couple of others.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track is very safe and other drivers there are very respectful. No need to rent the track, just pay the $65 daily charge and drive it like you stole it. You will see when you get out here and meet some of the people. Very good and close knit crowd of Enthusiasts here in Colroado for all makes of vehicle.

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the PC racing game rFactor you can download the High Plains Raceway track and test it out virtually before you even get to Colorado.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay you hooked me ........................gonna check the Colorado schedule for a track day in 2011 at High Plains Raceway . Thanks for the video , looks like alot of fun with some decent elevation changes?!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did a lapping day last Friday and what a blast. No passing rules so it was fun and felt safe enough the whole time. A Radical SR kept lapping us, what an amazing light monster on slicks that thing is.

So Bill, if you do decide to come out next year, check out the lapping day schedule. It's a gr8 bang 4 the buck. You get four 30 minute sessions for $90 or 8 for $150. Calendar | High Plains Raceway | Your Colorado Performance Driving and Racing Future

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting in Nov the price goes down to $100 for a whole day.

I was thinking if we have the light winter as promised I was going to head out Nov 14th for the open lapping day.

Fingers crossed on no big snows by then.

Also, headed to Front Range airport this Sunday, 8am for an open AutoX with the Porsche club. Only $40 for the day. Again, hoping for warm weather and no rain.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had better bring 20 gal of fuel with you for a full day or pay $8/gal at the track. I ran pretty low after 3 sessions and that's with a 5gal refill in between. Sheesh, I only get 3.5mpg on the track. No wonder the ACRX at VOI had a 4MPG rating on the factory sticker.

Also need to install new brake pads as I dissolved them last time :headbang: