IMG_0004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 75

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. Front splitter and racing seats are on my to do list. How easy did that seat go in? Did it come with the proper bracket to bolt right up? Who did the splitter?

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My seats were done by the previous owner, but I know the brackets were custom fabricated and installed at a local shop by him. I love them but the one thing I don't like is they are wide at the top and rest up against the door, leaving marks on the trim.

Attachments

• IMG_9494 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9494 (Medium).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The splitter is home made by Dan the previous owner. He learned it from Redsled I believe. It would be easy to make another one and in fact I plan to make a smaller one. I have a bigger one yet but I can't see ever needing it.

The seats were in the car from the previious owner but removed. I had to reinstall but needed lots of adjustments to get into my driving position.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catwood, how do the front splitter adjustment rods attach to the car? It looks like there's a double bend in them, does that work? (I keep pulling through the glass on the bottom side of the top rib of the fascia....which is why I ask!)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catwood, how do the front splitter adjustment rods attach to the car? It looks like there's a double bend in them, does that work? (I keep pulling through the glass on the bottom side of the top rib of the fascia....which is why I ask!)

Yeah those really don't conjive with typical rules of mechanical physics and bracketry.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There's a bracket up on the bumper mount that ties down the other end. The splitter is actually very stiff and mounted to the frame rails way under the car. The rods are cheesey at best I agree and I need to build a bracket that comes our further on the top so that I can set up something that is close to straight up and down.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries, its probably fine unless you want to hike the splitter up a bunch from time to time. Mine is attached to the frame rails too and is plenty stiff, but sometimes I raise one side (depending on track config) and it really takes some umph - I thought you might have figured out some complex bend that still pulls well. ;) I'll just keep using bigger and bigger backing plates behind the fiberglass:)