Trade diff on 2010

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed a couple of 2010 Green/Black stripes non acr coupes for sale. Wondering what trade diff would be for my 08 black/white with 3400 miles.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed a couple of 2010 Green/Black stripes non acr coupes for sale. Wondering what trade diff would be for my 08 black/white with 3400 miles.

I'll save you the headache...alot.

They would probably only offer you low 50s for your car as a trade, which is laughable. You'd definitely be better off paying for a 10K color change...seriously:omg:

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll save you the headache...alot.

They would probably only offer you low 50s for your car as a trade, which is laughable. You'd definitely be better off paying for a 10K color change...seriously:omg:

If that is the case, I would not invest in another one or should I say devest if that is a real word.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why don't you simply call the dealership that has the car you're interested in and ask? They can probably give you a "good faith" trade in value assuming the condition of your vehicle is as described.

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you simply call the dealership that has the car you're interested in and ask? They can probably give you a "good faith" trade in value assuming the condition of your vehicle is as described.

I sent them an email on their website last night with an offer and asked them to call me if they were interested.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say wait till next year and find one used for 75K then even if you sold your for 55K it would not be as bad!

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going to try to sell it. I can't afford to take the beating a dealer would give on trade. I would give up all my leverage on a trade.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie at Tomball was fair with me on my trade (06 vert) when I bought my 09 ACR, you might want to give him a call (and if you are in a sales tax state, the trade will reduce you taxes significantly on the new car, thus raising the value of your 08 versus selling outright).

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is this all just for a color change? If so I would agree with just a new paint job. Heck of a lot less hassle and less money.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie at Tomball was fair with me on my trade (06 vert) when I bought my 09 ACR, you might want to give him a call (and if you are in a sales tax state, the trade will reduce you taxes significantly on the new car, thus raising the value of your 08 versus selling outright).

Excellent point!:2tu: And don't forget the 2010 has a much better warranty then the 2008-09's so that can add some value going forward as well as the increased down the road resale! You will get some of that money back when you do go to sell eventually and that has to be calculated into the mix also!! It is my opinion that if you like the '10 and can afford it then do it, you only live once!! Another option is you can market and try to sell your car privately and should you find a buyer you can then ask the dealer to run the car through their books so you can still get the tax break. We do that all the time especially if the car is still under factory warranty which I'm sure yours is, this way the dealer is not on the hook for anything assuming your car has no damage history!! Tell the dealer you'll throw them $1000 bucks as a fee, it's a win/win for them!! Plus they might even get the buyer of your car financing if needed which makes it even easier for you to sell, not everyone has 60k laying around!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent point!:2tu: And don't forget the 2010 has a much better warranty then the 2008-09's so that can add some value going forward as well as the increased down the road resale!

Much better in what way?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Some dealerships (maybe even Bernie) will do an "in and out" meaning, you find a buyer for your car and the dealership will treat your sales price to your buyer as the trade in value on the new car. You'll get more money for your trade and pay less sales tax on the trade difference. Your buyer would actually buy the car from the dealership thefore, no paperwork or trip to DMV for you.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A number of dodge vehicles are 5/100K, viper is still 3/36K

2010 Viper Warranty Info
Basic: 3 yr. / 36,000 mi.
Drivetrain: 5yr. /100,000 Miles
Roadside: 3 yr. / 36,000 mi.
Rust: 5 yr. / 100,000 mi.

Check the window sticker on the 2010's, they have a 5yr, 100k powertrain on them.

You must be registered for see images attach

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same miles as you and was looking into possibly trading mine last summer and did some calling around. The highest trade-in offer I got was $70k (at Palmer's I think) and the lowest was $48k (Baxter). But it really all depended on what I was trading for. The $70k I was offered was close to the asking price of the SSG 08 I was interested in at Palmers, but in the end the price gap was still too much for a car with higher miles than my own. The $48k I was offered was when I inquired about trading for a new SSG ACR.....

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 Viper Warranty Info
Basic: 3 yr. / 36,000 mi.
Drivetrain: 5yr. /100,000 Miles
Roadside: 3 yr. / 36,000 mi.
Rust: 5 yr. / 100,000 mi.

Check the window sticker on the 2010's, they have a 5yr, 100k powertrain on them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks Malu, I thought that was the case!! I'm surprised other 2010 owners did not post same!! For a change I was right!!!:D

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same miles as you and was looking into possibly trading mine last summer and did some calling around. The highest trade-in offer I got was $70k (at Palmer's I think) and the lowest was $48k (Baxter). But it really all depended on what I was trading for. The $70k I was offered was close to the asking price of the SSG 08 I was interested in at Palmers, but in the end the price gap was still too much for a car with higher miles than my own. The $48k I was offered was when I inquired about trading for a new SSG ACR.....

Are you still interested in selling your orange 2008?

Thanks Malu, I thought that was the case!! I'm surprised other 2010 owners did not post same!! For a change I was right!!!:D

:2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Bernie at Tomball Dodge as he will not only give you the best price on your trade but also the best price on a new one. And tell him Mark sent you............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery