Trading in 2000GTS

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am suppose to finalize a deal today with Benz, trading in my absolutely perfect 2000 Black/Black GTS, 10,500 miles, stock, and I am the original owner. Looking for some opinions on what is a fair deal with the trade (excluding the tax savings on my new purchase).
Thanks

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are going to WHACK you on trade in value, they always do. I would post up on here what they are giving you plus a few thousand and I am sure it will go real quick.

Last edited:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As this is a negotiation, I would just keep saying 50......50......50. Stick to your guns. Get up and walk out if necessary. Do not make it easy on them. This is business.

Repeat after me.......50......50.......50.

It does not matter the terms of the deal. Do each part of the deal by itself. Period. Value of your car. 50. Price on the other car xxxx. Segment it. Times are tough for car dealers. You have money. Use that to your advantage. Good luck.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am buying another car and was going to trade my 00 GTS in as well but the dealer was only going to give me 42K for mine! Am still buying the other car but am keeping the GTS. Bottom line is sell it yourself, you will get a lot more for it than if you trade it in.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am buying another car and was going to trade my 00 GTS in as well but the dealer was only going to give me 42K for mine! Am still buying the other car but am keeping the GTS. Bottom line is sell it yourself, you will get a lot more for it than if you trade it in.

Is it silver striped, or solid black.. HUGE difference in value, probably $3k or more+,for the silver striped car..

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you replacing it with? Hopefuly it is atleast an SL65. ;) :lmao:

My DD is a 2006 E55... I love the Merc's.. Where else can you get 500HP, and a whisper quiet ride to work.. priceless..

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DD is a 2006 E55... I love the Merc's.. Where else can you get 500HP, and a whisper quiet ride to work.. priceless..
I am not sure if it is quite as fast as the E55 but I just bought my wife a 335i twin turbo and the thing runs amazing. It has 300hp/300tq and with just a plug in tuner you can bump that up to approx 400/400. I think they are supposed to run mid 13's out of the box. Not bad for a daily driver. I always loved the AMG cars. :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am suppose to finalize a deal today with Benz, trading in my absolutely perfect 2000 Black/Black GTS, 10,500 miles, stock, and I am the original owner. Looking for some opinions on what is a fair deal with the trade (excluding the tax savings on my new purchase).
Thanks

Ah, Laura...so sorry you are trading in your Viper :( ...you have a GORGEOUS GTS...and in BLACK as well...you should get a very very EXCELLENT deal with the trade...what Benz are you getting, BTW? Good Luck...juli

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks

If youre trading at a Dodge dealer, they will probably give you no more than 40K. You would also realize the tax savings on that money. Any other dealer you will be lucky to get 30K for it. Put it in the classifieds here and autotrader for 52K and take 50K.

VIPER650R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Run A Chevy Dealership In California And Trade In Value Would Be Around 32k. Worth About 18k More On Street At Least. We Go Offf Kelley Blue Book. Not Sure Where Your At What They Use Either Kelley,black Book Or Nada. Don't Trade In, U Will Lose And Dealer Will Win. That Is A Car U Sell On Your Own By Far. Good Luck

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the input and ***. The car is solid black. I will post pics of the new ride when I get it;)

When I originally went into Benz a couple of weeks ago, I negotiated a cash price on the new ride, never making any mention of any type of trade. After a couple of visits to the Dealer with their best price on the table for the new car, it was then I mentioned a trade.
I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to get rid of the Viper or not, plus I figured I didn't want them "padding" the price on the end of the Benz, so they could make me "feel" like I was getting more money on the Viper trade, and now they couldn't.
I took the car in for them to check it out and their drooling said it all, as it is an amazing car. I truly love cars and anyone who has purchased my previous Vipers (a couple of guys still on this site) and other cars I have sold, can attest to how I take care of them:D
Yesterday I did not go in to the Dealer, just a phone call as to give myself a little more time to think about it. I spoke with the Manager, as the salesman is apparently out of the deal now. Final numbers would put just about 47k from the trade into the new Benz (including the tax savings).
Could I sell it for a few grand more, sure I certainly think it is worth more being how amazing the car is. However, at this point I think I am going to do th deal and think I will be going in tomorrow to finalize.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura--You certainly have researched this and you deserve kudos for your patience with the dealership (only way to go!)...sounds like you're getting a good deal, tho so sorry to see such a BEAUTIFUL Viper go (LOVE ALL BLACK!)...you're doing what you feel is best.
Would love to see pics of your new Benz~~Good Luck! ~juli

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just for kicks when I bought my last car from a Dodge dealer 1 month ago, Ihad him give me a trade in value and he offered me 38K. Needless to say I laughed at the offer, and he even told me it was one of the cleanest Vipers he had seen.

VIPER650R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If Dealer Is Going To Give U 47k For Car Take It. Just Make Sure You Don't Get Taken On The E55 Amg. There Are Quite A Few Out There And They Have Whats Called Trunk Money That Goes Back To Dealer. Its Not Rebates It Like Dealer Cash To The Dealer. I Know Used To Manage A Mercedes Dealer.

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After some careful thought, I've decided NOT to use the Viper in the trade. I am just going to purchase the Benz and sell the Viper in my own time, under my own terms.;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After some careful thought, I've decided NOT to use the Viper in the trade. I am just going to purchase the Benz and sell the Viper in my own time, under my own terms.;)

YESSSSSS~~:2tu: Good luck on the outright sale, you'll 'fare' much better (pun intended) You go girl...juli/juli

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What Benz did you purchase? good luck on the sale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang