Trailer Ramps: What have you guys done?

Dohhunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Well's Cargo, and am trying to figure out the best way to make my rear ramp low profile enough to load up my car. I was already stupid enough to try it with my lowered trans am and scraped her up a bit (kicked myself hard for that one).

Now with my Viper coming, I really need a good idea.

Basically it is the stock door right now, I haven't taken an angle measurement but I'd like to be able to drive the car in frontways if possible. The little extension from the trailer dealer is only about 1.5', and definitely is not enough. I've seen some pics of peoples' solutions with mini ramps and such.

Any ideas/pictures/sketches from you guys that might help?

Many thanks!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used some 2x10's (about 3.5 feet long). I have two on the bottom and then two more that are about 1.5 feet long on top so you end up with a ramp up to the main ramp. A jigsaw helps to cut those too...

JD

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added a 4 foot piece of hd plywood covered with aluminum floor plate. This got the car up the ramp without dragging. I then built a 5 or 6 inch steel ramp to park the car on so the door would open over the trailers fender wells and clear the side door.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buffalo Ramps. 6' extensions. i use this for my lowered cars.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
www,beyertrailsales.com, Boyd beyer, he has aluminum ramps that are attached to the ramp, they come with a thicker rubber bump stop, the angle is perfect for my lowered GTS. I forget the exact price but well under $300 for everything. Light way, always there, they just fold against the ramp door when closed.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I use and have no problem even with the lowest of cars. I got them from PitPal Products on the Internet. They are lightweight and seem to hold up well to a lot of use.

Also, I covered the ramps with a 3M skidfree-type material. It's adhesive backed. It's expensive and only comes in large rolls. I think I paid $250 for a roll of 50' and only needed about 9'. If anybody needs some, I'd be willing to sell shorter pieces.

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya