Trailering Car to Canada

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well , finally getting ready for the drive to Ottawa Canada from Naples Florida.
trying a different route. 75 north to 10 east to 95 north to 26 east to 77 east to 81 north and then 401 to 416 to 417 and home. All together about 25-28 hours. The car will be in an open trailer. Anyone near any of these points, we could meet up for a greet. Leaving this Sunday, driving about 10-12 hours a day till home. Staying for a track day at Circuit Mont Tremblant. Then traveling back to Naples in early October.

Last edited:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi there, hope you have a safe trip. i live 10 minitues north of ottawa, give me a call when you settle in and we could meet. i have a garage full of snakes, see ya my # is 819 827-3023 & my name is sssshawn

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would pull the Viper a little more forward on the trailer, that trailer is heavy duty enough and also the car will be more covering behind the wind dam, hope that wind dam is really mounted firmly !! Also Jon Brobst had a good suggestion for open trailering, have the car cover and put it on ONLY at night when you stop for a beer or whatever, keeps the children and people from wanting to get closer to the Viper and protects it during the night, then as they say "remove before flight" !! in the morning, just my $.02 from a fellow neighbor in Naples...

OP
OP
V

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well made it to Charlotte tonight. Sorry I missed some of your emails earlier (Chad). Shawn, looking forward to meeting you. I hope the "snakes" you are referring to are drivable. BTW I am heading to Circuit Mont Tremblant for a track day on Wednesday. I will check in tomorrow am if anyone is close to my drive from Charlotte on to I-81 N.
The trailer worked great. the car is covered for overnight. Thanks for the info.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On a tandem axle trailer 70% of the load should be ahead of the center line between the two axles. But wow! that's one heavy duty trailer. Where's the dozzer?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960