tranny bracket worth it?

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a poly tranny mount but was wondering if the replacement bracket was worth it's price? Would you even notice if you had an upgraded bracket or not?

Don

OP
OP
D

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured most did both at the same time but I had to ask :)

I haven't seen any upgraded bracket up close, but by eyeing the design does it seem more rigid then the OEM bracket? I can't really see the OEM part being so "flexible" as it needs upgrading...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would put the billet piece as at least 3-4 times stronger using the eyeball-o-meter.

To comment on the impact of in my case doing both at once... I noticed a small improvement 2-3 out 10, with 10 being rock solid. It turns out my completely toasted motor mounts were the final 7-8. But they were of course a wee bit more work. ;)

OP
OP
D

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to do the motor mounts too but was pondering what to do with the bracket since I'll be in the area already :)
Thanks for the input.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor mounts + Tranny Mount + Tranny Crossmember = 10. Do it!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a poly tranny mount but was wondering if the replacement bracket was worth it's price? Would you even notice if you had an upgraded bracket or not?

Don

If you did not order it yet, I have one. It did not work on my car. It lifted the trans too high.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just a few extra bucks, Go ahead and get it.

Then you can be part of the EDBBTBCMVOA. (Elite Dave's Big Brake Tranmission Billet Cross Member Viper Owner Association)

OP
OP
D

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info all, I ended up getting the bracket from Dave so I'm the newest EDBBTBCMVOA member :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4