1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission Fluid

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by LaViper, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LaViper

LaViper Enthusiast

Changed the transmission fluid in my 06 from the OEM Syntorq to Mobile One Synthetic ATF. Has anyone else used this in place of factory fluid ? Was told by Tremec reps this is the "Best" to use. :dunno:

2. Westxsrt10

Westxsrt10 Viper Owner

The Mobil 1 ATF made my 05 drive train alot louder. I switched it back to Syntorq before I sold it.

08 coupe

3. LaViper

LaViper Enthusiast

Thanks, Thinking I made a mistake.

4. 99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10 Enthusiast

I use Dex VI synth. Shifts nice and smooth.

5. Boxer12

Boxer12 Enthusiast

I prefer AMSOil Syn Manual Gear Fluid...shifts better than anything else I've tried. No noise.

6. Silver04

Silver04 Enthusiast

I am surprised (no, SURPRISED!!) a sales rep up-sold you to Mobil 1...In my experience, any product that meets manufacturer reqmnts is 'good enough'...Good luck!

7. lmcgrew79

lmcgrew79 Viper Owner

I did run amsoil just changed 2 days ago back to mopar atf4. The mopar fluid shift so much better is extremely noticeble

8. cubican

cubican Enthusiast

How about royal purple ?

9. bmw2nv2000

bmw2nv2000 Enthusiast

I used Royal Purple in my 04 and 06 and made my shift much smoother and I noticed less drivetrain noise. Of course I changed out the rearend fluid with RP at the same time so Im sure that helped with drivetrain noise too. In about 700 more miles I'll be changing all my 08's fluids over to RP too.

10. LaViper

LaViper Enthusiast

Yep, Two years at each World of Wheels here in New Orleans,I discuss this with the Reps at the Tremec Booth & each year different people told me "The best fluid to use is Mobil 1 Syn.ATF". So I decided to give it a try. (At $10.00 a Qt.) Will put some miles on it & if it's not noticeablly better, I'll dump it. Thanks for all the info.

11. DeceptioN

DeceptioN Viper Owner

Royal Purple killed my TR-3650 within 2 months of using. I talked to Tremec and apparently it is because the oil is actually too slick. It made it so it wouldn't grip gears correctly or something.