Tuning new 08 Viper V10 engine

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new 08 Viper engine has evolved into a more sophisticated piece then the previous V10 platforms. The 08 engine has variable valve timing, drive by wire throttle and coil on plug ignition. There's alot of talk about the complexity of the new engine ECU and its controls. I know that Motec for a long time has been suited for these types of controls.

We've already discussed the steps we will take to have complete control over the new engine, especially the variable valve timing.

We have incorporated traction control (by 4 wheel speed sensors/trigger wheels) integral with the Motec EMS. If power upgrades are added on any Vipers 2001-2006 and Motec is utilized for engine management we can add traction control as an integral part of the system. I'm fairly certain they didn't change the ABS system on the 08's and we should be able to do the same.

I understand Motec isn't for everyone but if you want the above mentioned options to be added and/or controlled then we know Motec is the most complete and reliable ECU system available.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a matter of time Ron.....just a matter of time (and a few cars to play with)!