TUNING OPTIONS

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for those who've modded enough to need an aftermarket controller (or a completely reflashed stock ECU): I have an AEM on the street car and like it enough, but they're not very available (I think AEM has quit producing the current generation and the next isn't out yet). MoTeCs are very good but also pretty pricey and way more capable than I need for this build.

So...... are there any other options out there (or does anyone have an AEM that they want to move)?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I heard, AEM is getting out of the Vipers altogether. Not making anymore. I am still hoping they will work on them.................:(

Depending on how mush boost you are going for, the SCT might be a good option. Other than that, I sure hope another company comes in to take AEms place. Maybe like MEGAsquirt?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Split second is another option. I think Doug Levin only uses the Split second on his build, but I may be wrong, best to call him for other options.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Levin still uses and prefers SS and mine runs dead perfect. Better than it did stock. Like any of these controllers, its all in the tune. But don't be afraid of the SS box.

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Split Second option is the way I'm going I think. You can properly map the car, unlike SCT. It's 'piggy back' as opposed to stand alone but seems to be a cost-effective solution.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Yes, I've heard AEM isn't supporting them any more. Just hearsay, but disappointing if true.

My experience with piggy-backs has not been good.....always chasing what you think the engine thinks it wants to see in order to get it to do what you want. No doubt Doug can make it work, experience with them is worth alot. Maybe if I was close to an SS-savvy tuner it'd make sense.....

Is the SCT a stand alone or?

HollywoodGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just wait for a used AEM to pop-up... I'm using one on a TT setup does everything I need it to do and more.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx, Its a GTSR block and light rotating assy, big heads, bigger springs, spec cam, Gen 3 intake with Gen 2 TPS etc etc. It might be done via SCT.....if I can't find an AEM I'll go that direction.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.. I'm on the road right now and don't have my 'stuff" with me....If I recall from looking at the SCT timing and fuel tables, the stock PCM does not have any fuel or timing tables past 6167 RPMs...so I guess you'd be out of luck spinning the GTSR motor very high with the stock PCM.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was able to find an AEM so I'll duplicate what I had. I know of a source for a few more if anyone is interested PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad