Turtle Wax ICE?

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought some Turtle Wax ICE Detailer yesterday and used it on my Hummer. It works great.

I usually use MGWR. or Mothers but the ICE seems to evaporate a lot faster and soesn't leave behind a resedue like the other detailers sometimes do.

I also used the Synthetic Wax on the Hummer and it worked reall nice. I even put it on the plastic parts and it did work!:)

I was wondering if anyone knew how well it protects? And how long do you have to do it. (Every three months, Four etc.?):dunno:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I hear it is not real durable at all. If you are looking for durability give something like Zaino a try.

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I figured. Have used Zano. Works good.

Been using the MAGRS> NX wax and it works very well. But lots of powder and white residue on areas. That's why I was hoping the ICE might be the next big thing in wax. No white residue, no powder and you can put it on plastic and put it on in direct Sunlight!

But, Alas, maybe it's to good to be true.:smirk:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried 3M's Performance Finish. It is a silicone based sealant, probably similar to ICE. Very easy to use, and the shine is very good. For those of us who don't have the time to spend waxing the car all the time, this very durable polymer sealant is a great alternative.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew how well it protects? And how long do you have to do it. (Every three months, Four etc.?):dunno:

I use the ICE too, works great- as for durability, if your car is a weekend warrior (aka queen) than you dont really need to wax often at all, 2x year for me, Spring and Fall.

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the ICE too, works great- as for durability, if your car is a weekend warrior (aka queen) than you dont really need to wax often at all, 2x year for me, Spring and Fall.

That's me!

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did my whole car with it last night...works great...easy on ...easy off...nice shine.i`m happy so far.:2tu:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought some Turtle Wax ICE Detailer yesterday and used it on my Hummer. It works great.

I usually use MGWR. or Mothers but the ICE seems to evaporate a lot faster and soesn't leave behind a resedue like the other detailers sometimes do.

I also used the Synthetic Wax on the Hummer and it worked reall nice. I even put it on the plastic parts and it did work!:)

What's the relationship to a gen I or II viper in your post?? There is also a detailing section for stuff like this. DId you try this wax on your viper?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried it and it was horrible. Left a huge film on my brothers car that we had to wash over again to get off. I thought it would be a great product but it clearly was overated.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used it on my Viper. Went on and came off easy. It did look good when I finished but it is NOT durable. I use Zaino now.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Zaino is the best,but it is an SOB to get off.

Are you using ZFX and applying thin. It practically falls off my car but I apply it so you can barely see it. By the time I am done applying it I can start removing where I started. Follow up with Z6 in any placed that it didn't fully come off.

What type of towels are you using? I think DFTowel or 100% cotton works best. lazaino.com sell the best cotton towels I have ever used. He cuts the edges and sews them for you so there are no clevedges/edge to scratch.