Twin Turbo by Racing Solutions?

BAD 2TB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First time posting. Bought my 2005 about a year ago, LOVE IT!! Thinking about adding a 800hp twin turbo to my stock 05 viper.
Racing Solutions out of Houston Texas has a great web site but has anyone out there used them and if so do they do good work?:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffner or UGR[Underground Racing] I believe UGR has the current Viper tt record but either one will build you a reliable NASTY Viper

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Racing Solutions does great work. Of course, I'm a customer. I would suggest spending the extra money and building your motor. If you don't, you'll be stuck with about 750rwhp...which you can get from a Paxton...for ALOT less money.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First time posting. Bought my 2005 about a year ago, LOVE IT!! Thinking about adding a 800hp twin turbo to my stock 05 viper.
Racing Solutions out of Houston Texas has a great web site but has anyone out there used them and if so do they do good work?:

I thought RSI is out of business?????

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they are not out of Business. Talked to them just the other day about there TT setup. Send me a PM and l will send you a picture of one very beautifull TT they sent in an E-mail to me. Its awsome looking!! Its too big a file to upload here.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the chance to ride in a RSI Twin Turbo at a Arizona Zone event.

It is the real deal. Felt like lots more power than my Paxton.

Amazing thing was how quiet it was when really pouring out the Torque.

Got the chance to meet the owners, and see the quality workmanship of their installations.

These people are first class all the way.

OP
OP
B

BAD 2TB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kllymartin Racing Solutions sells a 700 HP Paxton SC package for around 19,000 and a 810 HP Twin Turbo package for around 25,000. For 6,000 more an extra 110 HP , sounds pretty good to me.

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that Heffner makes the best TT systems.

My 2004 Viper is currently at Heffners with installation of Twin Turbos as well as engine modifications and had the choice to get it done cheaper but all I have heard are good things about Jason Heffner and the cars he's built. Give me a couple more weeks and I'll give you my opinion. :eater:

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a bolt on RSI kit, stock long block. 10.56 @139 on 18" drag radials and not so great track prep. The quality is outstanding, and the customer service has been excellent. You can not compare a Paxton to a TT, but the price difference is quite different as well.

I agree with Kelly, if you have the funds, do the built motor. It will be more fun down the road. If not, do the bolt on kit, then build a motor later.

I know that other's make good kits, but you asked specifically about the RSI kit. You will not be disappointed!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have quite a few 1/4 mile passes and street miles on the car, I have done fine at 750 RWHP to date. The stickiest tire I run is a drag radial though (18" at that) so the parts have not really been put to the test. I would say for street driving, absolutely, for drag stip on slicks, NO.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will my stock 2005 drivetrain handle 710 rwhp? Are will I need upgrades?

A good number of Vipers are running with stock drivetrain and ~700rwhp.
Thought about suspension, brake, rear-end upgrades ... etc.?
What's going to be the primary use ... street, strip, track?
Lot's of packages depends on your specific goals.
Pull the lever and have fun.:D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
RSI is the real deal. They do more Turbos in a year than most. Very knowledgeable people.

As for your stock drive train holding up, NO it won't. RSI can help with that too.

Dan

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RSI is the real deal. They do more Turbos in a year than most. Very knowledgeable people.

Not doggin' RSI or any tuner here, but how many TT's in a year is normal? a lot? a little?

20? 50? 100?

I suspect that no tuner does more than 10-20 / yr MAX. Many do fewer i'm sure. But the market for vipers isn't huge. the market for forced-induction-vipers is what.. 5% of that if that much? plus the market is already saturated with choices. So how many can any given tuner do in a year? one can name the total # of SVS customers on one hand. maybe 2. Same goes for Heff and UGR although you might need to move to your toes with both of them. Even Paolo (CPE) has almost 10 done. RSI... 10 total? I think I can name 3 or 4. Including Roof's which is no longer an RSI set-up.

Just pointing out here that the market is a tight one and to say 'more than most' without anything to back it up is too marketing-ish for my blood.

JD

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph, I have seen many of your posts, and respect your knowledge about the mechanics of motors and Vipers; however, I think your marketing knowledge is WAY off. I personally have seen as many as 10 Vipers in RSIs shop for twin turbo treatment, from 4 different states at that particular snapshot in time. If it takes two months to complete a unit, that would be a rate of 60 per year. I'm not saying that is the number because I do not know, but logic tells me that 10 is WAY off.

JB

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph, I have seen many of your posts, and respect your knowledge about the mechanics of motors and Vipers; however, I think your marketing knowledge is WAY off. I personally have seen as many as 10 Vipers in RSIs shop for twin turbo treatment, from 4 different states at that particular snapshot in time. If it takes two months to complete a unit, that would be a rate of 60 per year. I'm not saying that is the number because I do not know, but logic tells me that 10 is WAY off.

JB

JB -

that's awesome! The more TT cars on the road the merrier! but how many do we hear about? I highly doubt ANY tuner is putting out 60 TT set-ups per year. In fact, I would bet that no tuner has 60 TT cars on the road! Period!

I too have visited tuner shops. And I'm glad that they are all making money hand-over-fist with their TT installs! But how many TT's are really out there?

Let's count them all, shall we? Or maybe the tuners will chime in?

I'm not trying to get into a p*ssing contest about any particular tuner. I just don't see the market as that large. Care to perform a formal market analysis?

JD

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JB -

that's awesome! The more TT cars on the road the merrier! but how many do we hear about? I highly doubt ANY tuner is putting out 60 TT set-ups per year. In fact, I would bet that no tuner has 60 TT cars on the road! Period!

I too have visited tuner shops. And I'm glad that they are all making money hand-over-fist with their TT installs! But how many TT's are really out there?

I'm not trying to get into a p*ssing contest about any particular tuner. I just don't see the market as that large. Care to perform a formal market analysis?

JD

I don't know the total count either, but I do know that RSI has more than 50+ TT cars out. They have a complete customer list. I don't know if they share that kind of information (names of customers), but I do know they do more than 10+ per year.

I agree the viper market is limited, but it seems that a high percentage of the viper owners do some mods. It surprised me to see the list of cars they have done, as I thought the same as you.

OP
OP
B

BAD 2TB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I am going to meet with Gerald and Jason with RSI within the next two weeks and look over the operation and see a couple of TT installs. What I really want is a car I can dive on the street, anytime I want, as much as I want or as little as I want and it be DEPENDABLE. Oh yea and kick any Vette's ass that comes along. Is that asking for to much?

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JB -

JD

Joseph, no I don't want to do a formal market analysis. Thankfully, I have quite enough of my own business to occupy my time. Furthermore, I am quite sure tuners will not supply proprietary customer information. I agree the market is small, but not quite as small as you had originally estimated. Cheers. By the way, your car build is very impressive.

JB

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wanted to post that at TatorToga BBQ/Saratoga Auto Museum yesterday (Saratoga Springs, NY), roughly 50 Vipers met there, and there was one Racing Solutions Twin Turbo, 2006 blue/white Coupe--VERY cool looking--powder coated engine, front diffuser...don't have more info on that car though, as the owner was nowhere nearby...if YOU are that person, maybe you can answer BAD2TB's questions about your twin turbo from Racing Solutions?
~juli~

Racing Solutions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the question is how many Twin Turbos have we (Racing Solutions) produced in the last 3.5 years. I went through our customer job list and this includes SRT10, Gen 2, SRT Ram, kits we have sold to other tuners, cars in the shop now and cars we have coming in. The magic number is 72 twin turbos. Now i know that is hard to swallow but we do advertise in several different publications. So the market is actually bigger than most people can imagine. We do have some in other countries as well.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I knew that they had done a bunch but didn't know the numbers. I'm guessing that would make them number 1 in the last 3.5 years.

In any case, they are very well experienced with twin turbo Viper set ups.

Dan

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the question is how many Twin Turbos have we (Racing Solutions) produced in the last 3.5 years. I went through our customer job list and this includes SRT10, Gen 2, SRT Ram, kits we have sold to other tuners, cars in the shop now and cars we have coming in. The magic number is 72 twin turbos. Now i know that is hard to swallow but we do advertise in several different publications. So the market is actually bigger than most people can imagine. We do have some in other countries as well.

yowzaz!!! That's pretty darn cool! I've seen a couple of them and they are quite pretty. But 72... dang! Congrats! That may very well make y'all the king of TT's!

JD

SpinDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad 2TB,

RSI did a TT install on my '05 a little over a year ago and I have logged more than 8,000 incredible miles since then - Zero Problems!!

Not to mention shutting down many vettes, tricked out rice burners and several sport bikes along the way - the RSI TT is fantastic! Gerald and Jason are the best in my book and the longer you wait, the more you'll kick yourself for not getting it done sooner.

But then, pictures always did speak louder than words..........

Attachments

• RSI-TT-Powered.jpg
    RSI-TT-Powered.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 61

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 RSI TWIN TURBO SRT-10 VIPER COUPE, red with white stripes and have put 5000 miles on it and never had a single problem ever. The Viper is scary fast and a pure pleasure to drive. I am sure I have the ZR-1 corvette covered with no strain at all as it will run very low 10s in 1/4 mi on the run flat tires. Jason is a true professional and a man of his word. I hate to hear that they have gone out of business, and believe me it has nothing to do with RSI being anything less than one of the best Twin Turbo packages out there. I Love my Twin Turbo and smile everytime I get behind the wheel....VIPERS RULE.....:2tu::drive::bye:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960