Twin turboed Gen 3 powered WHAT!!!!!!!

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Super 'Cuda Goes 208 mph at Chelsea Proving Grounds
For a sneak peek at the Dream Car Garage Season Finale, click HERE
On a sunny early December day a much altered 1970 Plymouth Barracuda returned to its spiritual home at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea Michigan and broke the 200 mph barrier.

The culmination of almost seven thousand hours of hard work by the team at Legendary Motorcar, the Cuda' is the successful realization of a seemingly impossible goal. Can Legendary Motorcar build a resto-mod muscle car that will rival the world's most exotic super cars?

The television show Dream Car Garage, which can be seen each Saturday on SUN TV, has followed the construction of the Super Cuda' from a rusted shell to show car and track star. This week's show is the season finale, featuring the exciting shootout between the twin-turbo V10 powered Super Cuda' and an Enzo Ferrari.

Less than a month ago Peter Klutt, Pres. of Legendary Motorcar and Chip Foose debuted the Super Cuda' at the SEMA convention in Las Vegas. The car was an instant hit but it had yet to achieve its most important goal, to match the performance of an Enzo Ferrari and to go 200mph!

The clock was ticking down to the last episode of Dream Car Garage's 2009 season. The Cuda' had to be filmed meeting its goal no later than Thursday of last week or the show would not make it to air, whether the Legendary Motorcar team met with success or failure.

On top of everything they had to find a place to actually go the distance, calls to airports and race tracks across N. America proved fruitless until the true car enthusiasts at Chrysler agreed to let the Super Cuda' run on their high banked oval at the storied Chelsea proving grounds.

It all came together on Tuesday December 1st. The Super Cuda impressed the engineers at Chelsea and was cleared to run on the track. Grey skies and the threat of snow gave way to sun. As the track warmed, speeds increased and the Super Cuda' punched a hole in the air topping 208 mph with still more power to spare.

As Peter said, "above 200 the Cuda' was running out of aero and I was running out of cohones".

The Super Cuda's 200 mph run can be seen on the season finale of Dream Car Garage on SUN TV this Saturday December 12th at 1:00 PM and Sunday December 13th at 7:30 AM.

Check out the latest episodes of Dream Car Garage online by clicking HERE
Thank you for your interest,

Dream Car Garage

Copyright: Legendary Motorcar Company Ltd. 8220 Fifth Line, Halton Hills, ON, Canada, L7G4S6
You are receiving this newsletter because you have subscribed to our mailing list or because you are listed in our database.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a video on youtube..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1cLfiVSyrw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But was it really 70,000 hours? Even at a low price of $50 an hour that is 3.5 million dollars. Yikes that seems like a lot to me.

$50 an hour shop time? Not up here in the great white north! Most charge $100-$125 an hour.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7000 hours is very feasible.

Although it is my own time so it does ot cost me, I believe I have about 6500 hours in my restoration! :omg:

Cant wait to see the cuda in person at a show! :yay: