Typical owner profile

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why, who would ever want to know??? I 'presume' ALL ages, ALL spectrums of income (though to be honest, it'd be in the higher spectrum), net worth??? As according to the individual? Who in their right mind would list that? Don't know where you are going here, Chuck~~~~~~~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my Viper I was celebrating the last payment on my divorce....so I officially had a net worth of $0.00 which I'm sure would mess with any demographic if we ever so chose to collect that information.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marketing. Specifically sponsorship marketing.

For example a business selling franchise opportunities would prefer to target their efforts differently than McDonald's pushing a $2 Kid's Meal. If you have a net worth of 10 million you'd be more interested in buying McDonald's rather than their product.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Was there not a "profile" (or some such thing) referenced in Viper Mag. several years ago?? I'm sure J.D. Powers (or similar firm) has said info available for a price.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't J.R. Thompson have some survey on this in the last year or so? That's a possible source.

V

Venomiss

I am interested in whoever comes up with an answer. We have all kinds of owners here in the midwest but wonder what the other areas are made up of.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont think anyone would give out that info. Im sure there are studies , for average income. But net worth is different and has nothing to do with anything.

Also, the Viper is a very attainable car now days. There are high school kids getting Gen 1/2's for 20-30k. The same amount I spent on my new camaro back in the day. And you can buy a Gen 3 for 50-60K. On the other hand is not the most practical every day car, so for most of us its a 2nd or 3rd car. I bet the income level is lower then it was when the Viper first came out and no where near ferrari or Lambo levels.

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't Know If They Do One Where Everyone Else Live But When They Do A Census That Is What They Ask,how Old You Are, Family Members And Also How Much Is Your Income ,is That The Same Thing You Are Asking.Also in one of the issue of the viper magazine they had told how many viper had been sold to each state so with the us census and this information you may have what you need.

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some organization did this back around 2001, when I had my 2000 RT/10 I read a article that showed avg stats on Viper owners, age, etc. One number stuck was average income - it was $83K per year, which surprised me a lot, the avg income of a Viper owner was about equal to the cost of the car. I couldn't imagine buying a car that cost the same as my yearly income (at any stage of my life), that ratio is too unbalanced for me, but I'm kinda conservative when it comes to $.

Manatee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge dealers are probably supplied with demographics (target market) for NEW Viper owners. Maybe you can ask your friendly dealer.

For preowned Vipers, I'll bet the demographics are all over the map.

vipergirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing Manatee is correct in that the older vipers demographics are probably all over the board. I'm guessing the newer, more expensive vipers are probably a little more in the upper level. (Ching....ching)

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading someones response/post about how the viper is the "HARD WORKING MANS CAR" whether that's true or not, I don't know. I personally do not think there is a Typical Owner Profile. Many cars, ranging 50k-300k are easily attainable, especially with all the available loans, including 72-144 month loans. Therefor you can be the average Joe, and drive a exotic fun car if it's a priority on your list. Even if its a Viper or Ferrari, It definitely comes down to your spending habits.

However many of the people I know who have any "EXOTIC" usually range from 20-65 =D

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is not a daily driver and is usually a 2nd or 3rd car as mentioned before, plus many if not most owners try to keep the mileage down. Parts are crazy expensive, finding a good tech is crazy hard, and driving it on cold streets is just crazy period! Most guys I know in CT w/ Vipers make north of 100k. Most seem to be very competitve, plain old die-hard red-blooded Americans!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would suggest (actually... wonder if) that the folks who purchased Gen I's and II's NEW have somewhat different demographics than those who purchased Gen III's...ESPECIALLY after the 2003 model year.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading someones response/post about how the viper is the "HARD WORKING MANS CAR" whether that's true or not, I don't know.

I've heard it called a "Red Necks" sportscar but, I do like like "HARD WORKING MANS CAR".
I know I spend my money carefully and I bought the Vipers for their value.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"was average income - it was $83K per year, which surprised me a lot, the avg income of a Viper owner was about equal to the cost of the car. I couldn't imagine buying a car that cost the same as my yearly income (at any stage of my life)",

Driving a car does not dictate what your income is. I know a Very Very Wealthy gentleman that drives a old Ford Truck, he buys his clothes at salvation arm or KMART. He has no interest in a expensive car or even a new car or truck.He Likes $$$$$.
I could have got a viper 6 to 7 years ago.but i did not have the space for a third car and I had other priority's in life ,family,bills and getting debt free. some might feel like like living in a dump and have little to eat , but have the coolest car ever or one might want to be debt free before dropping some $$$ for a car. and as far as Gen 1 or 2 being for lower incomes.....some prefer the gen 1 or 2. I could have a more expensive car but "MY" dream was a red Gen 1. We all have different tastes. It would be a boring world if we all wanted the same thing and had the same thing. IMHO.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During one of the dinners @ VOI there were some Demo type numbers announced by a Dodge Exec on stage. How many were business owners, how many Viper owners world wide...

Anyone remember this?

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I plan to not only to be broke:D but have outstanding bills that I won't have money for:omg: when the green ripper comes a calling:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's the best net worth:eater:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte