Ultimate Front License Plate Bracket

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, if you must have a front license plate, here is the bracket you want. I have been reluctant to post this, because quite frankly I used the design of one you can buy (a few changes). The one you see in the photos I made from 7/8" hard rubber, carved it out (looks rough). I made a cardboard template that follows the contour of the center horizontal bar in the grill. Cut the rubber to shape, and screwed a metal bar onto the rubber to attach the plate. This then slips over the horizontal grill bar, and hooks in the back as the cutout shows (hooks over the top, and up from the bottom). I used the wire safety hooks, just in case. Just reach back and hook the wire over the top rubber (tight).
The bracket cannot be seen when installed, kinda looks like the plate is "just there". Nothing touches the car except the two rubber brackets that straddle the horizontal bar. I do not use it, except on longer road trips where I reduce the potential of being bothered.
Now, so as not to short those who make these, they are available from the Western Canada (Vancouver) Viper guys.
They can be ordered from Tom Peetz (Washington,State Viper Chapter President).
E-mail Address:
[email protected]
Phone: 206 232 0746

The cost is around $35.00 US dollars.

FrontLicenseBracket01.jpg

FrontLicenseBracket02.jpg

FrontLicenseBracket03.jpg

FrontLicenseBracket04.jpg

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool,
I don't/haven't put tape down, but certainly an option. Also, some of that 3M clear vinyl stuff, or even double back tape some flannel to the inside of the rubber bracket.
Later,

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse has a great deal on one that blows that out of the water... Here in Minneapolis - we also "have" to have plates ont he front - even though i think all front plates ruin the Viper...

Anyways, the one at Woodhouse has a backing - essentially a metal polished square - you mount your plate to that - and then it has 4 suction cups that simply **** to the car... It also looks like it goes in further than yours... it was $40...

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002graphiteviper
You said: "... It also looks like it goes in further than yours... ", this will set in as far as you want, even against the upper and lower parts of the front fascia if you like, all you need to do is trim down the length of the parts that stick out where the plate is attached.
Also one of our members lost a suction cup version of a bracket, not necessarily a Woodhouse version, but it really messed up his front fascia. THIS WILL NOT COME OFF.
Later,

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick update.
I put the plate back on to observe how far out the plate protrudes. With it on, if you sight straight down and line up the upper roll of the fascia, and the lower roll of the fascia, all you see of the plate is about one inch on each end of the plate (plate is rectangular, fascia is curved).
Now, if I had cut the protruding arms at an angle, and bent the license plate in a curve, then it would be completely inside the upper and lower roll of the fascia. Sounds like a winter project.

Later,