Upcoming Events!! Please Read.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members,

We have some upcoming events that need your attention, so please take a few moments to respond to them and let me know if you will be attending.

This Friday, Tower Shops Weather permitting, we meet at 7:30 pm. Dinner to follow afterwards.

This Sunday, April 4, 2009, I mentioned to all of you that you will be given the opportunity to drive your car on the track at Homestead during the parade laps at FARA's race. This still stands, but I need you to send me an email confirming that you will attend. Space is limited so please don't wait another moment. They have given me ONLY 15 slots, and they are going fast. It is my duty to give the slots to VCA members first and then to other friends and family of members, so please email me asap. Please arrive at Homestead by 9am. From there, they will give us an area where other club cars will be staged. Remember, you can take passengers which include children during these parade laps. Please email me ASAP!

Saturday, April 11, 2009 Barrett Jackson Auction
We are attending the Barrett Jackson Auction as attendees and DO NOT HAVE any special parking inside the event. If you'd like to meet up with us, please send me an email and let me know all the particulars. We'll meet at 10am and drive up north from there. The cost of admission will be $15 per adult, children 6-12 $5. Please email me if you'd like to join us for the ride up.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 Runway Top Speed Run
Dade-Collier Jet Port is home of a single 2 mile runway that was built in 1970 and was the hope of all future supersonic travel. Unfortunately, as soon as the single runway was completed, they scrapped plans on completing this start of art Jet Port that was in the middle of the Everglades. Today, this runway is used for pilots of 747s and other aircrafts to practice taking off and landing. And also, today it is used for car enthusiasts to test their top speed of their cars. On Sunday, April 19, this facility opens at 8am and closes at 6pm. You have the whole day to run your car and see what the top speed is. There will be various tools to measure your official top speed so then you will know exactly what it is. This event isn't cheap by any means. $450 per car, $250 for a passenger or additional driver. $50 per spectator. Here is the flyer for your info. Please email me if you're interested in attending.

You must be registered for see images

[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial MT Condensed Light,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]
MIAMI, FL

APRIL 19TH, 2009

Airport Runway 'TOP GUN' Event

Back in February '09 as part of Exotics Rally's 'SoBe Getaway Weekend' we rented a 2 mile long airport runway near Miami for participants to experience high speed driving. The runway event was an absolute blast! You can see for yourself by clicking on the links with some videos taken that day. At least 5 of the participants were measured by GPS at speeds of 200MPH or greater.

Video 1 - Overview of the day
Video 2 - Ford GT Flat Out
Video 3 - Twin Turbo Murcielago vs Modified Ford GT

Gallery - Pictures from the event

Following the success of this day we received numerous requests to organize another event at the runway.

Date/Time - April 19th, 2009 8am-6pm.

The format of the event will be very similar although we have implemented some changes to maximize the time on the runway and increase the safety measures.

All participants must register and pay on or before April 10th to secure a spot. If space permits after April 10th we will accept registrations at an increase of $100.00 per person.

Please click here for the sign up page, make sure to pay special attention to the waiver as there are specific safety requirements that must be met for you to be eligible to participate. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,

Seth R. & Hovik G.

Exotics Rally Inc.
www.ExoticsRally.com

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

April 24-26, 2009 Viper Days at Sebring International Raceway
Our final event for this month is Viper Days taking place at Sebring International Raceway. It still isn't too late to sign up and join in this must attend event. Before you invest in performance upgrades on your Viper, it would be a better investment to spend at Viper Days and improve your driving skill. After you finish this driving school, you will may realize that you do have more than enough power. There are two discounts which may NOT be used in conjunction. The first is a VCA discount which is $50, and the other is a First Time Attendee discount of $100. Please email me if you would like to attend.

And finally, it was great seeing many of you at the VIP party for Unique Autosport on Sunday. It was a great time and it was even greater seeing so many of you whom we haven't seen in a long time. Thanks for attending! Pictures to be posted by end of week.

You must be registered for see images

Hope to see you this Friday at Tower Shops.

Ivan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235