Update on Hogan passenger

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2007/10/clearwater----a.html

Graziano 'likely to spend the rest of his life in nursing home,' doctor says

A doctor treating John Graziano, who was injured in an Aug. 26 car wreck involving Hulk Hogan's son, said the young man will probably spend the rest of his life in a nursing home, according to court documents. A registered nurse hired by the court to examine Graziano wrote, "the treating physician does state that at best, this gentleman most probably will open his eyes on and off."
Graziano's mother, Debra Graziano, is petitioning the court to take over guardianship of her son, who is in critical condition at Bayfront Medical Center. Graziano, 22, a marine who served in Iraq, was the passenger in a yellow Toyota Supra driven by his friend, Nick Bollea, 17, the son of famous wrestler Hulk Hogan. According to court documents, Graziano was not wearing a seat belt.
"Well, that's one doctor's opinion, but it's not the full medical picture," said George Tragos, the lawyer representing Debra Graziano. Tragos said Monday that John's condition has improved and he now responds to stimuli.

For crying out loud people. Wear your damn seatbelt.

Posted here because Hogan is a Viper owner and his kid has crashed a few of them.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very sad:-( Let's hope the doctors can be proven wrong.

How quickly our world can come crashing down.

Be safe and take precautions people.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously!!! Whenever someone jumps in my viper, I tell them seatbelt! And they tell me "I trust you, and I trust your Driving" and I tell them to get the F*** out of my car!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously!!! Whenever someone jumps in my viper, I tell them seatbelt! And they tell me "I trust you, and I trust your Driving" and I tell them to get the F*** out of my car!

I tell them to buckle-up as well, and than with a straight and serious look on my face I tell em " I'm a sh!ty driver" They buckle up fast:lmao:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said. I would not feel safe without the belt. I've even become accustom to feeling it lock up in the curves.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Survive the war... *****'d by your buddy at home. How crappy is that? Prayers go out to everyone involved.

..and what Chuck said: WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARGHHH I hate Nick with a passion now...

I lost one of my best friends a year ago for the same reason Chuck, but a 17 year old in a 700hp Supra is MORE than enough to tick me off and def a mix for disaster. Sad that nobody got the clue this kid was struggling driving a stick. I know something was bound to happen.

--RS

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lost one of my best friends a year ago for the same reason Chuck, but a 17 year old in a 700hp Supra is MORE than enough to tick me off and def a mix for disaster. Sad that nobody got the clue this kid was struggling driving a stick. I know something was bound to happen.

--RS

Hate is a strong word. What's done is done. I'll wait an see what he does from now on before I pass judgement. If Hulk has done a half decent job as a dad, Nick should be feeling like pond **** right about now, and deservedly so.

It's times like this that shapes a person into being either a prince or a scoundrel.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it from a product liabilty defense lawyer who has represented car companies, seat belts, as simple as they are , are the best safety devices in your car. I have had dozens of cases where deaths or serious injury would have been avoided by the use of seat belts. Do not rely on air bags--nice but only part of a retraint system.

NEVER let your kids, loved ones, etc ride in your car w/o wearing belts.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

--RS

I'm sure they were having the time of their life just seconds before impact:(
Nick fame is a major chick magnet. I'm sure the guy was glad to be hanging with him.

We've all done dumbasss things. Nick is hurting as well. IMO

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things can happen to any of us. We should not pass judgement we have ALL DONE DUMB things. Glass houses guys. That being said I hope that he gets better, may God bless him and his family.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things can happen to any of us. We should not pass judgement we have ALL DONE DUMB things. Glass houses guys. That being said I hope that he gets better, may God bless him and his family.

I am with you to a point. I do however believe that the reason I can sit here today and discuss just how stupid they were, is because I have been less stupid. And that gives me the right to discuss the more stupid. Nursing home or not.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think anyone has been disrespectful and we are all hoping everyone involved gets better. This thread is more of a very strongly worded PSA for people to wear seatbelts.

Reaction score
Hell I am a good driver and wear 4 points of my 5 point when I daily drive because I have young son and want him to grow up with a father. Insisting on wearing seatbelts is driver responsibility and just don't drive w/passenger w/o them in one. When I was younger I didn't wear one as much, and we all did dmb things at age 17. I think it's just sheer luck of the numbers that most of us didn't pay the price of someone elses life with our stupididy.

My best wishes to his friend and while I think it wasn't smart I also wish the best for Nick and his family.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I have the image of a crazy driver going for me. I have never had anyone get in the car with me and not reach for their belt, even in my SUV :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know Nick Hogan, never met him and never knew he existed until I saw "Hogan Knows Best". My only impressions of him in regards to driving, was watching him wreck a Viper competition coupe as he was going for his drifting license and also watched him wreck a comp coupe on the speed channel during one of the drifting events earlier this year. The kid has no ability to control the car in drifting...seemed quite reckless to me. He walked away from every crash and like most 17 year olds he probably had that feeling of being invincible each time. Not sure exactly what happened in this crash but you'd think Nick would know better than to allow a passenger not to wear a seat-belt...especially with him at the wheel.

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<<< survived an end over end crash 20+ years ago because I was wearing my seatbelt.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know Nick Hogan, never met him and never knew he existed until I saw "Hogan Knows Best". My only impressions of him in regards to driving, was watching him wreck a Viper competition coupe as he was going for his drifting license and also watched him wreck a comp coupe on the speed channel during one of the drifting events earlier this year. The kid has no ability to control the car in drifting...seemed quite reckless to me. He walked away from every crash and like most 17 year olds he probably had that feeling of being invincible each time. Not sure exactly what happened in this crash but you'd think Nick would know better than to allow a passenger not to wear a seat-belt...especially with him at the wheel.

Not sure I'd say it he can't drive because he wrecked in a drifting competition. You've got to be a pretty good driver just to compete in one. IMO

But I do agree he should of insisted the guy buckle up. That's 101.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was drifing his Supra on the street aparently and ended up losing control and going into a palm tree.

I never heard that version. I have heard from day one he was street racing a Viper and lost control. Nomatter what happened, I wish the friend a full and speedy recovery, but I understand that probably wont happen. Its always a shame when stuff like this happens and especially when something as easy as wearing a seatbelt could have saved him a lot of the injuries. I'm sure Nick feels like crap, and hopefully next time he thinks about doing something stupid in a car while on public roads, he'll remember what the consequences can be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960