UPDATE - SVS rear mounted turbo system w/ intercooler

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Added an intercooler and finished the tuning on the rear mount turbo kit.

98 GTS, stock engine, T&D's, intercooler, 7psi, 93oct, injectors, upgraded fuel system.

The system is making close to 27hp per .lb of boost.

We made 638rwhp 690rwtq @ 7psi.

An estimate of 10psi should bring the numbers close to 720rwhp and 770rwtq.

If we added a methanol kit or DEI CRY-O2 cooling kit we should be able to make another 35rwhp and bring us close to 750rwhp and 800rwtq.

WOW! we haven't even added race gas yet :cool:

You must be registered for see images

Rear mount single turbo Dyno Video

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum

The turbo kit with intercooler should be in the 6-7k range.

The kit comes with a GTS76 unit rated at 1000hp.

You would also need a Vec2. Fuel system upgrades are dependant on how much power you want to make. I will have more info later on the fuel systems.

With 10psi and race gas you can expect around 750rwhp. You can also run 93 with a methanol kit @ 10 psi and expect about the same. 12 psi and race gas should net 800rwhp.

I would like to do this on a stock Gen2 (96-99) non creampuff, with a Vec 2 and similar fuel set-up, Or a Gen 1 design that retains the side pipes....

Does the Vec 2 works with a GEN1 sbec?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when ya get more info on the fuel upgrades, tell us...

i got the VEC2 already..:)

what kinda installation time are ya thinking on a gen2 ?

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum

The turbo kit with intercooler should be in the 6-7k range.

The kit comes with a GTS76 unit rated at 1000hp.

You would also need a Vec2. Fuel system upgrades are dependant on how much power you want to make. I will have more info later on the fuel systems.

With 10psi and race gas you can expect around 750rwhp. You can also run 93 with a methanol kit @ 10 psi and expect about the same. 12 psi and race gas should net 800rwhp.

I would like to do this on a stock Gen2 (96-99) non creampuff, with a Vec 2 and similar fuel set-up, Or a Gen 1 design that retains the side pipes....

Does the Vec 2 works with a GEN1 sbec?

Very nice setup Ron and great numbers. I will be more than WILLING to donate my Gen1 with side pipes for your TEST PURPOSES. :D :D :D

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We started the race gas map last night.

All we added was a boost controller, race gas and more boost......

We have a little more work to finish on the map and expect to bring the hp up to 800rw.

Impressive for an inexpensive single turbo kit :2tu:

14psi / race gas / stock engine w/ rockers

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of boost pressure does the turbo see?

We are less than a 2:1 on the back pressure. We still have to finish the race gas map by monitoring the EGT's while incresing the timing up top. Our customer is only interested in running the 7psi 93oct 640rwhp 690rwtq on the street. He wants his Viper @ 7psi to drive for the summer. He is a conservative driver but wants that little extra hp. Down the road we will change the A/R and/or trim to bring the boost on earlier for the race gas map and retune the 93oct map.

We went to the dragstrip yesterday and ran consistent 11.2's @ 138+ on stock pilots. The ET isn't where we want to be yet but it was fun testing and running the mph at the strip. We gathered a great amount of data and have a plan to further improve the overall system.

Thanks Paul, for the fun day at the strip :2tu: