Used Viper

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best place to start in BC would be:

VCA - Canada: Western
Rob Sheridan: President Fred Kappler: Membership Dir.

1829 East 15th Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5N 2G2 CANADA
(604) 876-0936
Event Hotline: (604) 516-2084

BC has several dealers who work closely with their club, theyshould be able to steer you to one that will do a good job with an inspection.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pac-NW VCA will be your home "region" and I'd be happy to discuss unique '96 GTS ideosyncracies with you....call anytime as noted below, and WELCOME!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"WELCOME"!!!!

Only problem w/ 96 Vipers???

Wherever you go, ppl will stare and gawk and ask for rides, do a burnout and take pictures. If those don't bother you, you'll have a great time!! Oh yeah, watch that rear end! Make sure your wheels are pointed forward before mashing that pedal..

Gerald

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot the reason, but I heard 96 GTS is a bad year. I was told to try for a 97. Possibly someone else could clue both of us in. My $0.02, get one with a warranty.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Every M.Y. has some issues. As for the inspection on a car, it matters who is doing it as not all dealers and techs have the same knowledge on the Viper. Check with your local club for references on who to have check it over.

Year by year items for cars are at:
http://www.alldata.com/recalls/ http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/servicemmy1.cfm

Again, each year has it's own issues. Ex: '96 had good intake gaskets while '97 has ones that should be replaced.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cf604:
Hi everyone,
Can someone tell me if I were to take it to a Dodge dealer for an inspection, would they really take the time to check everything? Ie. Taking extra care than let's say, checking a Neon? Thanks very much for your help!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>