V-10 Nats at Heartland Park Topeka Kansas tonight

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got home from the test and tune part of the V-10 Nationals going on this weekend at Heartland Park Topeka.

Some good runs, I saw a 9.61, don't ask me who - not sure, which I think was the fastest, or at least the fastest I saw.

I was told to expect some 9.1's on Saturday!

Some killer cars, great drivers! Next year should be a blow out once everyone hears how it turns out and what a great facility it is!

Lots of stockers were in the 11's. Saw a lot of mid 10's too. An SRT-10 White Mamba form Missouri was running in the mid 10's also!

Local Gen 2 boys need to step it up, or just let me drive!

Can't wait to hear the final results.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good time was had by all. The track wasn't as stickey as it was hyped up to be, but tomorrow morning running before it gets too hot should be excellent.

Let us not forget the debut of Dr Roof's bad ass RSI twin turbo car! That thing is soooooooooooooo quiet yet sooooooooooooo powerful. Can't wait to see it run tomorrow.

I'm exhausted, so I'll report more after the event.

JD

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD,

Don't fret on the sticky part. It wasn't prepped today. Tomorrow it will get prepped twice during the day! It should be sticky!

I forgot that one DLM Stage 3 + broke it's rear end on it's launch of it's first run. I really wanted to see that car run too.

I looked over that RSI car......WOW.....to cool!

Good luck on Sat JD!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car running consistant 9.6's is a stock cube motor Viper with a 727, heads, cam and 4 link owned by Doc Fudge.

Dr. Roof's new RSI TT car was running high 9's as wel1 as Rohn's RSI heads, cam and nitrous Viper.

I believe we had the third fastest time of the evening, [email protected] on a heads, cam, Roe 8lb system w/spray owned by Vern Hill.

Ward Reasoner was running mid 11's @ 135-138mph on pilots as well.

Short times and mph seem to be off a little for everyone which may be attributed to heat, humidty and possibly altitude.

It's late here and I may have missed a few things, but I'm sure we'll have more for everyone tomorrow.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Damn, I wish I could have gone! Good times, please tell me there is video being taken like there was at BG (minus my footage)?

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

Someone asked me and Chris Marshall about the altitude tonight. I don't actually know for sure. But I once had a guy at work look it up for me and he said Kansas City, the biggest city close to Topeka - an hour away, I think he said was about 980 Feet above sea level.

Someone there tonight thought it was over 2,000 feet above sea level. But I don't think it's that high.

Good Luck Sat. I won't be there Sat. I'm taking my 7 year old to her go kart races.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that Cudaman's F350 Turbo Diesel spanked my Jeep Grand Cherokee a few times. I ran a 16.1 @83 and Ward ran 15.5 @ 91.

RE: Vern's 10.09 pass - that should have been a 9 second pass. Looked like the driver was granny shifting the whole way. That car has sooooooooo much more power in it. Great job by Larry Macedo in building that one. It is NOT your average ROE SC... it is tuned by Macedo.

Overall, trap speeds were down at this track last night.

Time to wake up and go to the track...

I'll bring the laptop to the track to report more as the day progresses.

JD

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the ELEVATION :) of Topeka the other day and it is 1078'at the airport that is next to the track. (we will leave altitude for airplanes) The actual elevation doesn't really matter, what matters is the corrected elevation (density altitude if flying)

Looks like the corrected for Topeka was 1680' at 8pm.
9pm was 2793'
10pm was 2720'
11pm was 2430'
This morning it is already 2764'
All these based on the online calculator I was using. The airport is currently reporting 2400' .....not sure why the discrepency. You can call 785-862-8258 for an automated report at the airport....listen for density altitude.

Good luck guys....I can't believe I'm not there, I **** :(

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(we will leave altitude for airplanes)

Duh......I don't know what I was thinking! I guess it was too late to think straight. :rolleyes:

Thanks for keeping me in line Tony!

I was hoping to meet ya up at the track, maybe next time!

And we can't forget Loretta is here today! She's with her KC sugar daddy, BIG JERRY.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You missed out Badvenm. Loretta AND friends were there. 2 Bumblebees racing each other. A blue and white one winning the fast class. (sorry 1st time V-10 attendee) We even rounded up 14 Vipers at the end for a group photo. Lined them up with drivers and crew at the start line in both lanes and shot it from the roof of the press box tower. Looks pretty cool. I'll post the pictures after I edit them down a little.
Tim

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran on the BFG's in 95 degree as well as high altitude(for a Florida person)a 10.28 and back it up with a 10.24 in the finals of the BFG shoot out(had 18" Kumho's on the fronts). Also was in the finals of the Pilot shoot out. Had a great time meet some awesome people, Kansas VCA know how to put on a show, they were great hosts as well :2tu: .

Cudaman :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
e: V-10 Nats at Heartland Park Topeka Kansas tonight

Joseph Dell did an outstanding job in his DLM Viper taking down his wins in his events. He was solo rig hauling and tire and belt adjuster. He was an incredible one man show!

GREAT JOB JOSESPH! :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: e: V-10 Nats at Heartland Park Topeka Kansas tonight

Sounds like all is going well.

good job guys

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

met the other BADVENM friday night, great guy. I saw Wards F350 diesel do a 14.84 at 93 mph friday night, holy crap!! Following behind him with the windows rolled up sounds like the jet dry blowers they use in NASCAR, he was cleaning the right side of Topeka Blvd with that 5 or 6 inch exhaust!!

ANIL8-U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I won the street tire shoot with a 1.85 60ft 11.27@128, I think I placed 3rd in the BFG shoot out! I had a great time, I also drove the white mamba with the POS rear-end broke after the 10 sec pass!

Looking forward to running in Columbus Ohio next month!